When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate 188 (Daylight)...The search is over

Drew maximus

My first Panerai Rep was a PAM 188 with A7750 that I over paid for about 7 years ago. This is the watch that started my love affair with Panerai. I contemplated many times fitting a 7753 movement and thick DW to make it as close to gen as possible. Sadly I sold that watch about 2 months ago.

Well, thanks to a few Geeks, and lots of patience my search is over. I have decided to promise myself to be a spectator for a while. Well, without further ado, I present IMO the Ultimate PAM 188.

PAM188-1.jpg

note the non sunken DW......oh yea 7753 baby

PAM1884-1.jpg

PAM1883-1.jpg

T48 Crown, nicely flattened CG pin

PAM1882-1.jpg

PAM1881.jpg

Please excuse the meek Iphone pictures.

Family shots below:

Gens on the top row, Reps on the bottom:

DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

By far my favorite:

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0249.jpg

The newest addition:

DSCN0248.jpg

The first watch I ever bought:

DSCN0250.jpg

and my alternates:

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

Thanks guys. This is truly my grail timepiece. Fortunately for me, a fellow member on RG started the work, I believe fitting with the 7753, Leo DW, etc. Before I received it, it was sent to Rex for major modding. A T48 crown was fitted, nicely (gen like) flattened CG pin, New LEO DW as previous one would not change over correctly. The lume is fantastic, I never did confirm if it was relumed but I imagine it was as it glows nice and bright and even. Now I am looking for an appropriate strap to accompany this beauty. Any suggestions?

LOL I thought it looked familiar!

Believe it or not that model came from the cartel with actual super lumed dial and hands

Lume was excellent

Glad Leo's last batch of wheels finally worked with the 7753 as he pointed out there were issues with the original one

Enjoy!