When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crappy rep yellowy lume hands, anyone?...update: finished watch pix inside...

hackR

Hey Guys...

I have this inaccurate logo dial that i'd like to find a pair of hands for...The dial is an older DSN "tritium-look" dial that has very faint lume that i would describe as yellowy-tan (perhaps a hint of green in it) - but definitely not the color of current vintage lume used by Zig and others - and definitely not the rep green uncharged lume color, either...sure, i could send it out for relume - but don't want to bother...since i absolutely DO NOT like the look of mismatched color hands (lume uncharged and charged), i'd like to know if someone has a pair of rep lumed hands that are similar in uncharged color and are faintly lumed...I'm guessing many of you will know what i mean by faintly lumed...this is not the rep lume that charges bright and piddles away in a matter of minutes...the lume on this dial takes quite a few seconds to charge and glows "faint"...

The only hands i have ever seen are quick charging, quick fading and not what i would call faint...

That said, anyone with an extra set that matches what i'm babbling about, please pm me...

Pix of the logo dial below...it's dial#1...color in the pix is definitely NOT right -- its really that yellowy color uncharged that i referenced...check out the color of the dial next to the other rep dials we are all used to seeing...thanks to panera for his old pix - and to Murph - for the dial...this dial may not be accurate, but it's a fun look, IMO!...

Thanks......R

logodial2.jpg

logodial1.jpg

Sorry if I missed something but are you saying you dont want the white hands? Or you do but dont want the way it lumes?

I read a while back that a guy used varnish/lacquer over them to dull the effect you mention but that was on the correct colour hands ie white.

Hey Pete...long time...

I'm saying that I want hands that closely match the dial's lume color - both charged and uncharged...

The hands would not be white or standard rep green...looking for a yellow'ish uncharged color and yet faint charged green...

Hey Pete...long time...

I'm saying that I want hands that closely match the dial's lume color - both charged and uncharged...

The hands would not be white or standard rep green...looking for a yellow'ish uncharged color and yet faint charged green...

Yes mate, but starting to feel better now...:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Without stating the obvious I think you will struggle as it aint the correct colour more an individual choice.

Given you want to turn your hand to trying mods mate, why not have a go yourself with a set. You could become the next Vac!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Seriously though I dont think you would have a problem given what you have done in the past with no previous experience mate

• 2 weeks later...

hey hey...

now we're talking... :drinks:

img6598e.jpg

here's how the story ends...my UK pal, Pete (friendship officially suspended during World Cup match on 6/12, of course?!) notifies me that crappy yellowy hands can be sourced thru Floyd (let's go Hawks!)...a pm to F - and the hands arrived today...perfectomente!... :good:

decided to be different - now there's a surprise, huh?! - and mounted the DSN logo dial (from Murph, via Servat) into my PAM 176 from Paul...

100% RWG sourced... :group:

ok, ok - so it's nowhere near accurate - but IMO, it sure looks pretty damn good... :wub:

now i have a ti mate for my PAM 000... :whistling:

amazing how close the hands are to the dial...which is the look i prefer...yellowy vintage -- the watch look, and Floyd, too... ;)

enjoy...I am!...

R-

Ha! Mr Hack...You are very resourceful and quite the visionary. Looks awesome!!!! EXACTLY what I had envisioned for that dial when Servat so kindly sold it to me but I just wasn't at the point to see what the dial would look like in fully completed form. Wow! Niice work! Congrats!Now if you could find another dial and hands to finish mine....ha.! I've got a perfect case set on the way from opcrown but still need a dIal hands and movement......Ha! It's always something huh?Turn out great R- just like you said it would....cheers!-Murph

R,

You should really clean that Ti up! It looks a little dirty...how about high polish? :whistling:

boys and their toys!...sexy...now drop that case in some alka-seltzer and let's see that tantalum blue hue... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Combo really works mate...... but sort that CP out you philistine!!!!

Just practising some abuse on R ready for the 12th!!!!

Mike, any chances of seeing that cleaned up Ti in other light ....

One more thing R......

Me and me Mum and me Dad and me Gran

We're off to Waterloo

Me and me Mum and me Dad and me Gran

And a bucket of Vindaloo !!!!!!!

drinks.gifclapping.gifrofl.gif