When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help from Germany/Austria,

Mickey Padge

Hello :)

Please, if there are any members living in Germany or Austria, please can you bid on an ebay item for me? There is some PC hardware I want, but I cannot bid from the UK.....

If the member could bid and win, I will cover all the costs via PayPal, the item would need to be forwarded to me in the UK B)

Please PM me for the auction details, thanks very much!

Cheers!

Yes I get crackling with music/games etc....

Even relaxing PCI latency in the BIOS helps nothing, I think 790i boards are just electrically "noisy" and hot....

Thanks for the link, looks like a cool utility, however I really want an intel board for possible crossfire in the future though too, I have a single HD5870 right now ;)

best price that i can find in the short time for the Asus Rampage Extreme X48 here in Germany is 201,50 Euro + shipping

very nice choice Mickey great Board

you can't buy this in the UK?

Hey thanks Andy, 184,90€ is a great price, I suppose it depends on shipping and if VAT is added? However it says it is no longer available if you try to buy? :(

The formula X48 board is nice, but uses DDR2 not DDR3, it just goes to show what a great deal the ebay.de sale was, and that X48 boards are hard to find now......

Cheers! B)

Yes, I noticed that :(

I found this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290432575745&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D290432575745%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

But I cannot order, also I cannot tell if the board has the aircooling heatsink, or only the water block? I have messaged him, but no reply yet :)

I have my eye on a foxconn x48 board that is ending in a day or so, this one is in the UK though B)

To get around the "German only" issue just logon to ebay.de with your UK account and submit your bid.

Tried that, but it makes no difference, you have to edit your primary address to a German one, some sellers might not like that ;)

Still I may be able to snag that Foxconn X48 board I hope :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking a the Gigabyte board, GA-EP45-UD3P. It seems it is excellent for OC'ing quad core CPU's, but I cannot find any for sale! Is there any chance some of my fellow EU members could check there favourite retailer please? I really want this board! :lol:

Cheers! B)