When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help with buying a rep vintage 5513

edrep

Hello,

Went throught the forum a couple of time searching for some info on buying a vintage looking rep 5513 but cant exactly find it and most of the sub topics are around the ones with date. Ideally I would like to buy a 5513 with superdomed chrystal and tritium (looking) deal. I have seen one or two at one of the forum dealers websites but these are all not really vintage looking. Wonder if anyone can give me some tips where to go, where to pay attantion etc.

Thanks

Ed

Edited by edrep

Hi Ed,

You are correct in that there aren't too many vintage 5513 reps out there. Most of the examples out there are for the 1680 date.

But, you do have a couple of options.

1) Find an MBW 5513 for a stock, out of the box option.

2) If you want an even nicer 5513, find either the above MBW 5513 or 1680 Date Submariner (both are based upon the 5513; some of the minutiae of this particular case makes it more correct for the 5513 than the 1680 date, however). Use this case to build a decent 5513 by swapping in a nicer dial and correct crystal and other parts depending on how far you want to take it (If you do a search on 'Ronin', you will find one I did for a fellow member here on RWG).

3) Use a CN 1680 to build a 5513 similar to step 2 above.

4) Find someone with a built 5513 that is looking to sell.

Not sure if this helps any... This is one of the more under-represented watches in the rep world (in my opinion). The nice thing with modifying a watch is that it can be put together suting an individual's taste.

:)

//ubi

Thanks for the quick reply Ubi, sorry to hear to came to the same conclusion.... so my only chance is looking for the sales forum and try to pick up a used one and perhaps and ask someone to mod it?

By the way did a search for Ronin but no results for the 5513 or should I search for the 1680?

-Ed

Whatever you buy will require work. But it is worth it. Here is a fully modded 5512 with an ETA slow beat movement with a gen beneath it so it gives you a sense of what you can do with a little effort. Start with an MBW and go for it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Modded MBW 5512 Rep(ETA 2846, gen dial, crown, insert, etc.:

Falco5512013.jpg

And the Gen:

IMGP2710.jpg

I have an MBW 5513 built as a 1680. Gen Crown/Tube,Gen Insert, CG's modded, lugholes drilled, gen springbars. I can get a Gen 25-19 crystal and all you'd need is a dial. Perhaps UBI and I can colloborate on this one if you are interested.

Send me an email at kurts@payrollrx.com

Enjoy your weekend,

Kurt

Thats A wonderfull piece, only the dail set you back a few $100 I guess (when you even can get one....)

Actually, the whole watch from one of the older members a couple of years ago was closer to $800. It may have even come with a gen bracelet if I remember correctly.

And D - that gilt one is stunning. :thumbsupsmileyanim: