When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help to choose hand remover from Bergeon

watchas1

I rarely use any of my hand-removers. Most often, I remove hands the old-fashioned way - 2 small screwdrivers placed under the hand & rotated in opposite directions. Works every time.

Ditto (sort of).

I have Presto #1, #,2, and #6. And every time I use them, I take a deep breath and pray something does not get scratched or otherwise trashed. To date, I have been lucky and they have worked as advertised.

Then I discovered the old school method while having to do small sub-dial hands. I am with Freddy now, and actually use the lever method and these CHEAP $5.00 levers for everything. A little watch paper underneath or my Ofrei dial protector and :thumbsupsmileyanim:. For me it is all about "feel", and these give me confidence and the feel I am looking for.

s204.jpg

http://www.findingking.com/p-29612-watch-hand-removers-2pcs.aspx

Very cool Ronin & Freddy! I think I may have to try that. I have the same sort of issue - heart nearly leaping into my throat as I use the Presto #1 and hope to god I don't screw anything up. You get zero feedback from the Presto tools, and I too like to "feel" what I am doing as I do it. I may just have to order a set of these. Thanks for the link! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I will have to try those too... this is what i've been doing to date with no problems at all:

Best tool = take one of the presto #1's and rip everything off them so that they are in a sense a pair of simple tweezers, then file the bottom edge of them down until they are razor thin (so that they can slip between the hands and chrono hand/dial without any scratching as long as you have a steady hand). This tool will now also allow you to remove tri-compax gears on A7750's with ease.