When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown emblem etched in crystal

kevnick80

Hi guys

I have just bought a rose gold Day Date from WatchEden, and its fantastic. However, it does not have the rolex crown emblemetched at the 6o'clock position and wondered if this can be done post-sale and if it can, where and who do i contact to see if they can do this??

Thanks

Does the rehaut have the ROOLEXROLEX... engraving? If not it's likely that model is not supposed to have it. Most of the time the coronet is etched too pronounced which is more of a tell than not being there. As rosnik points out the gen's laser etching is impossible to see without correct light and viewing angle. Most agree that it's better to be missing the coronet then having one that's easy to see.

On my Gen turnograph, you cannot see the etching. You have to look really hard under the right light and then you can see it. Its meant to be an inconspicuous detail. All the reps I have seen so far have the etching too obvious to the naked eye. So, in my opinion that is a dead giveaway that its a rep. I much rather have no etching on my reps. My .02cents