When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How about BCE v3 with Arabic numbers?

By-Tor

I wonder what's (supposedly) wrong with v4 compared to v2/v3? Is the general build cheaper?

Just look at the lume tabs on that white franken posted earlier... the rep v2/v3 sticks aren't even remotely as nice. As I said, I handled the gen BCE just a while back... those sticks stood out immediately. Gen sticks are superbly finished & smooth. This kind of numeral dial seems to be much better option to me.

I was told it's built cheaper. Not sure how much cheaper. From the link you provided in one of your reviews, the v4 has yellowish AR and visible crown tube and constant serial number.

To me personally, I'd like to install gen bezel, but it may not allow me to remove the rep bezel (I had a v1 case, it had 60-click and thick bezel, and I could not remove it) The text on the v4 tabs are nice but off centered just like on a v1, the markers on the bezel is too close to the outer edge. If the v4 uses the same case as v1, the case is slightly thicker than v2/v3 also.

i Have had the arabic model in blue dial, i will let you know my opinion:

the dial is wonderfull and well made, i too, did not like the lume on the stick models.

the bracelet was good, but not as good as V2,

the bezel is very tight and felt gen, but was not well finished at all. the pearl was off centered, so had to replace it, and the rider tabs were not well finished at all.

i will let you check my pics to see what i am talking about.

P8230215.jpg

P8230218.jpg

P8230221.jpg

P8230224.jpg

P8230225.jpg

P8230226.jpg

P8230227.jpg

P8230229.jpg

P8230233.jpg

Thanks for the pics frankpower. Damn... yeah that pearl is very apparent. Amazing that they let out something like that. Otherwise, it's a nice looking watch for sure...

But no worries, PT says there is a v3 version of this. Should be better.

the bezel was a 120 click, yeah the pearl was horrible, but my dealer sent me another one and i replaced it shortly after the pics.

By-Tor, i really thought this was a V3. if you can have your dealer check the pearl and rider tabs, it should be a pretty good rep! mine was waterproof too, wich is a must, because i hate to takeoff my watches.

I think I'll pass on this one guys. Maybe a nice franken comes up in EU one day. And to fulfill my Breit Chrono appetite I aways have my Skyland v2 with excellent lume dots... that rep is nothing short of amazing. BCEs are very nice reps but not quite up to par with the Skyland v2, imho.

Thanks muchos... very informative thread.

I have one V1: bezel clicks 60 times. I have lost "15" tab and got new case V3 from cougaree, to be changed on a rainy day in the near future. I do like the arabic numerals.

rolsmall14.jpg

rolsmall17.jpg

rolsmall11.jpg

rolsmall20.jpg

I think I'll pass on this one guys. Maybe a nice franken comes up in EU one day. And to fulfill my Breit Chrono appetite I aways have my Skyland v2 with excellent lume dots... that rep is nothing short of amazing. BCEs are very nice reps but not quite up to par with the Skyland v2, imho.

Thanks muchos... very informative thread.

Well for one thing you

Just FYI. If you are planning on doing some modding on it later, get the v2 BCE over v3. Although I was told the original v2 is no longer being made, I have seen some BCE's with asian DW font and "maker after 10" which leads me believe those are the v2 (or pretty close). Based on my own experience, the DW with proper font is hard to find, but the gen bezel fits much better on the v2 over v3, which is something you can't mod.