When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH V2 felt down, movmt making noise now!

hotbody77

@ gtanak,

when i look onto the open movement and turn the rotor leftwards it sweeps very smooth as it should be.

But turning to the right the rotor turns, but feels like it is getting caught a little bit.

Everything looks like it should be where it is... If there is still the rattling sound or clicking sound, Although its running fine, i'd recommend not to wear your watch till you drop it off at the smith. You might be unknowingly wearing out some delicate (they all are!) part by keeping the movement going..

If I were you, I would take this incident as an opportunity. I believe all the v2 have clone movement inside, so instead of paying to have the movement fixed, I would change out the movement for a gen ETA 2824-2 if possible. I know sometimes a watchmaker would charge more for servicing a movement than swapping one.

If I were you, I would take this incident as an opportunity. I believe all the v2 have clone movement inside

hmm... what makes you say that? I just bought one off Patinga and he certifies its ETA. My dealer also sells SOH V2 on swiss eta.

Don't want to spread any rumors here, but I remember I've seen a thread here somewhere that saying all v2 having clone ETA movements. The v1, on the other hand it's possible to have gen ETA movement inside. I could be wrong though, especially I really can't tell the difference between a gen ETA movement and a clone one.

Experts, please chime in!

Thanks my friend. I will be more cautious with this model in this case.. luckily i got a 100% money back guarantee from patinga.. My dealer provides swiss eta for USD30 more if i recall, then again... how can we ever be sure until we receive the watch. Guess its really down to trust and dealer ethics. Guess for those who drop ship, their hands are tied as well.

If I were you, I would take this incident as an opportunity. I believe all the v2 have clone movement inside, so instead of paying to have the movement fixed, I would change out the movement for a gen ETA 2824-2 if possible. I know sometimes a watchmaker would charge more for servicing a movement than swapping one.

By the way.. have you seen the movement pics? It looks swiss eta to me. Anyone else can verify?

Well, the problem is that your dealer or seller might not know they have clone movements or like to acknowledge. I tend to just believe they are clones when I buy them, so I can have pleasant surprises later :)

I've just noticed that on Josh's website, the SOH are sold for having Asian 2824-2 movement, but if I want, with additional $50, I can get a Swiss 2836-2 movement. Is this a mistake or I can actually, technically fit a Swiss 2836-2 movement if I like?

Anybody?

By the way.. have you seen the movement pics? It looks swiss eta to me. Anyone else can verify?

I have seen the pictures. If anything, the engravings on the rotor looks bit rough. I have a SOSF. When I bought it, I was told it has Swiss movement, it also looked like to me until I sent my watch to Zigmeister. He could tell clone from gen.

Of course Zig could tell the diff.. he prob does it eyes closed and just be listening :)

Its my belief that ETA mvmts are supplied w/o rotors or generic rotors and the factories just plug on an engraved one or whichever suits the watch... Though the photo is grainy, its the inside engraving of the 2842-2 and DM and ETA logo as well as the shock protection clasps that have me believe this is GEN. We need a surgeon here! Experts where are you?

today i went to my watchsmith and he verified the movement as a gen eta!

he said that he hardly has seen a rep with this quality. he was still amazed.

the rotor from the movement was a little bit disbalanced after the fell down.

so he fixed it and everything is fine again. thanks for the fast responses and the help.

Congratz my friend! Good to know you snagged a deal with a gen ETA (Couragee! It does happen!).... do keep your mvmt photos so you can tell a gen eta in the future.. You can get more detailed info from eta.ch website with the technical docs.

So the problem was the rotor? That is a common symptom for rattling sounds after dropping or knocking. Wear it well my friend! PHotos!