When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Adding 3832: from 1680 to 5512

Gorilladame

Hi!

A couple of months ago I received my MBW 1680 Red from Reg (nices deal EVER!!!)

SANY0159.jpg

SANY0176.jpg

but after a while I decided to build my self a Yuki 1680 franken

SANY0196.jpg

ecc05c8b.jpg

So I had this MBW 1680 lying around with no wristtime, as the Yuki one was clearly a lot more accurate.

Then I saw this pic:

aq_06ny_mcqueen_rolex_5512_sm.jpg

and fall for it.

Ordered a (at this time) custommade 5512 with white markers, which was found by customs and I never received it.

So Yuki made me a nice deal and I ordered a new one, which I received today.

Nothing on my list I started to do the mod immidatly.

changed the crystal with a nice clark 19 crystal (needed a LOT of pressure, but then it worked fine)

And changed the dial. The cool thing was that my MBW was a new version so the 26mm Yuki dial perfectly fitted in there. ( for the record: New MBW 1680 Red dial is 26mm not 26.5mm as gen)

So here is the result.

Still need to do a bit of a case job, but not today. need to do homework to see what have to be changed, because at the moment I don´t see the difference.

Enjoy:

P1010259.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010258.jpg

The thing I want to say with this thread is, as this was discussed a lot before: Yuki 1680 dial will not fit in a new MBW Case but 5512 dial fits like a clove...Also, if you got balls, you can fit a 19 crystal on a MBW 1680 case

And I also wanted to prove that I am just unable to make nice pics :-(

Looks great! Though I should add that ALL MBW 5513/1680s have the 26mm dial recess. Historically, none of them had 26.5mm (i.e. if you had one of the old, original MBW 5513s and wanted to add a gen 1680 dial, it would have to be trimmed in order to fit). In fact, for the longest time the only case option was a 5513; the 1680 engraved case was something that came about only in the last few years or so.

That's just the way MBWs have always been. The case is great for a 5512, 5513, 551x whatever or Tudor Subs, but not the best first choice for the 1680 for that reason alone.

The 5512 looks great! Enjoy your new build...

//ubi