When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top Gun gen kevlar strap

prdubis

Hi mates,

I've upgraded my Top Gun v2 with a gen Kevlar strap but when mounting a rep buckle on it, it seems it doesn't fit (buckle is 1mm wider)

7beba66a.jpg

I tried with several buckles, it's the same...

Anyone experienced it before?

Thanks!

Hi mates,

I've upgraded my Top Gun v2 with a gen Kevlar strap but when mounting a rep buckle on it, it seems it doesn't fit (buckle is 1mm wider)

Thanks!

Hmm.. maybe get measurements for buckle end and get a gen buckle (18mm?), saw some PVD or Ti IWC buckle on the bay not long ago. Btw care to share how's the diff in quality btw the rep and the gen?

I really thought gen an rep buckles were same measurements.

About quality, hmm...Well, it is not a major upgrade! Rep strap is already very good and it is not a big improvement to get the real thing...

Well my 3717 is 21/18. Just bought a gen buckle for my strap. If yer thinking of selling ur rep strap do drop me a PM :p Think there is a diff on the sides of the straps btw gen and rep

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daytona1984

hey buddy,

it is a huge improvement putting a gen strap to that watch imo !!! the gen strap is way softer !!! about the buckle: you should change that as well. the gen buckle looks completely different. more steelish than titan...

I really thought gen an rep buckles were same measurements.

About quality, hmm...Well, it is not a major upgrade! Rep strap is already very good and it is not a big improvement to get the real thing...

hey buddy,

it is a huge improvement putting a gen strap to that watch imo !!! the gen strap is way softer !!! about the buckle: you should change that as well. the gen buckle looks completely different. more steelish than titan...

I've honestly never felt the gen kevlar but the strap i got from watchboys is buttery soft, kevlar styled with i believe either white/black stichings.. goes great with the watch IMO!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mates,

Thanks!

Well, both strap and buckle (rep or gen, doesn't matter) should be 18mm - just take caliper, measure both, and you will know what the problem is.

hey buddy,

Just to mention - there are two versions of rep kevlar straps for Top Gun - one came out on fist version, and another on "V2". There is huge difference between them, strap from "V2" is almost gen like (fell, softness, quality), and first version is pure rubbish - I have both, so I speak from experience.

regards