When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tom Selleck's still got it!

By-Tor

So because he owned a pair of black silk PJs and was fond of Tai Chi, that makes him Chinese? :nea:

For the record... ;)

Character's background

Higgins was born circa 1919, in England. He is a member of the Scottish peerage, and as the second son of the Duke/Earl of Perth, holds the title Baron of Perth in his own right. He also has a sister, who is currently "married and living in Sussex with four monstrous children" (ep. 1.10). He later discovered his father (Albert) had sired several other sons (all played by John Hillerman) during World War I, including; Father Paddy McGuiness, who is a Catholic priest in Ireland, Elmo Ziller, a Texan rodeo owner, Don Luis Mongueo, an heir to the throne of Costa De Rosa in South America, and Soo-Ling, the daughter of a raven haired Mongolian beauty.

Higgins attended Eton College. Later he attended Sandhurst Military Academy, and then served as a Regimental Sergeant Major in the British Army during World War II. He was present at the bridging of the River Kwai, which he claims was "nothing like the movie". He is referred to as "Punky" by his war buddies. (ep 3.7). He also attended the Nuremberg Trials. ("Never Again… Never Again" from season 1), and he was a recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest military decoration awarded by Commonwealth countries.

He also served in both the Korean War and the Indochina War (assisting the French), New Guinea, India and Kenya, among others.[1]He holds a doctorate in mathematics from Cambridge University. This was revealed when he told an injured woman (correctly, though misleadingly) that he was "a doctor". He owns two highly trained Dobermann pinschers, Zeus and Apollo (A.K.A. "The Lads").

Higgins is loosely based on James Bond creator Ian Fleming:

- Both were born into distinguished families of Scottish descent

- Both left Sandhurst, the British officers academy, before graduation

- Both served in the British military during World War II with careers focused on intelligence and special operations

- Both retired to tropical estates after retiring from military service

he must be on HGH to look like that @ 65

Certainly looks a little too 'thickset' but no tell-tale HGH signs around the craniofacial muscles, like Stallone for example.

I'd say it was down to healthy living (diet mainly) and good genes myself, it is possible. My comment about him looking a bit ragged around the edges was more about his 'look'. i.e. lose the goatee (even the legendary 'tache), along with 50lbs, acquire some taste in wearing clothes that flatter, and he'd look fantastic. I'm sure Omni and Lani could have a word ;)

Look at old guys like Stamp and Connery. Sometimes smart as a whip, sometimes slightly dishevelled pensioner, but always old age with a certain grace and style.

(he was English folks, not Chinese, so not sure where Jackie Chan comes in).

Just thinking of the most ridiculous person to play Higgins - just like Matthew "Never Wears A Shirt" McConaughey for Magnum!

Or, instead of Chan, how about William Shatner? :D