When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does this look like a legit ETA 7750?

gavidoc

I am not so sure myself.

Now I am by no means an expert. and though the rotor beaing, the ETA marking, etc all look right. Whats throws me off is the part circled in my pic below

The Asian is in the square highlighted area. The ETA is in the circled highlighted area to right.

But as I say I am not sure :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great news Mike. Especially when you consider the dial layout....3, 6, 9.

Check out this interesting modification done to it. Perfect for a Daytona rep. The good thing is that I won't have to use the Asian mod to convert a standard ETA 7750 to the 3,6,9 layout. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As it has 2 extra jewels, I guess this would be a 19 jewel 7750?

post-5355-070629800 1277492862_thumb.jpg

post-5355-034426900 1277492883_thumb.jpg

Great news Mike. Especially when you consider the dial layout....3, 6, 9.

Check out this interesting modification done to it. Perfect for a Daytona rep. The good thing is that I won't have to use the Asian mod to convert a standard ETA 7750 to the 3,6,9 layout. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As it has 2 extra jewels, I guess this would be a 19 jewel 7750?

Technically speaking there is no 19 Jewel 7750...This is a modification done to move the 12 sub dial to 3 when the more expensive 7753 movement is not used...so you get a couple extra jewels. This is why you get the sunken date wheel. Companies like Graham do this modification on their watches instead of using the ETA 7753.

This movement will not work on the Daytona models with running seconds @6. The subials on these are too far from center and have the seconds running @9. The Daytona uses a module that not only moves all the subdials around, but also moves them closer to center like the gens.

:drinks:

Technically speaking there is no 19 Jewel 7750...This is a modification done to move the 12 sub dial to 3 when the more expensive 7753 movement is not used...so you get a couple extra jewels. This is why you get the sunken date wheel. Companies like Graham do this modification on their watches instead of using the ETA 7753.

This movement will not work on the Daytona models with running seconds @6. The subials on these are too far from center and have the seconds running @9. The Daytona uses a module that not only moves all the subdials around, but also moves them closer to center like the gens.

:drinks:

Hey Mike,

I'm going to be using it on a vintage Daytona 6263. :) Hopefully that won't be a problem as the only change is the movement of the 30 min counter to the 3 position.

Didn't know that the Gen Graham was done like this. So these are available from ETA still like this?

Hey Mike,

I'm going to be using it on a vintage Daytona 6263. :) Hopefully that won't be a problem as the only change is the movement of the 30 min counter to the 3 position.

Didn't know that the Gen Graham was done like this. So these are available from ETA still like this?

I don't know if they ever came from ETA like this. Typically this is a mod done by a watch company, like Graham and others. I don't know why Graham even does it and does not use the ETA7753...Heck for what they charge for their pieces, they should.