When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just bought my first Hublot Kings

PeteM

So I have decided to try a few other makes, the first was an AP but that never arrived!!! Another Story :(

I then decided to get a Hublot but I wanted big so I went King the 48mm. Must say now I have my first 2 how very pleased I am and really impressed with the overall quality and look on my wrist. I got both from a couple of great guys here on RWG and it was nice to deal with some straight blokes rather than my last AP experience.

I found the Tant to have a fantastic looking AR the best rep AR I have had I must say, I mean pre-modded. The All Black is a nice AR but no where near as good. But having never seen the gen I am not sure what the AR should look like. I have a phobia about strong blue rep AR but I dont know if the gen HUB All Black has a blue AR.

So without, at this time, looking to redo the AR. Would it be better to remove the face side AR, remove all the AR or keep it as its pretty accurate? Any advice would be welcomed for this nooby :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On to my pics :D

4748971210_ef0ca7c40c_b.jpg

4748971440_99840499d1_b.jpg

4748330751_621df57503_b.jpg

4748331061_b93634dec6_b.jpg

4748972252_333710562a_b.jpg

4748972488_ebd2b42ff4_b.jpg

4748331839_2d49f7bb08_b.jpg

4748332091_8c81645484_b.jpg

4748332363_b5802f862f_b.jpg

wow pete, the all black looks so bad a$$ :thumbsupsmileyanim: but i also like the paladium, looks realy cool and blingy :D

so what do you mean? on wich rep is the ar too blue? on the all black more then on the paladium?

from what i know is that the ar from hublot is a blue purple tint, at least on the ice bang i have seen, so i dont think its a flaw, but what do i know hehe :D

i like them, and my all black is in the mail...but the smaller brother :thumbsupsmileyanim:

D. Your a star mate. That's exactly how my All black looks in certain light.

Thanks for taking the time to post that mate :) I really appreciate it :) :)

I won't touch the AR on mine for sure!!

You say Paladium? I thought it was Tantulium? Is there are difference or just the metal?

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Cheers D.

Anyone know where you can get leather straps for these watches, I tried Veryon but his are too small unfortunately :(

and here a pic of a all black GEN

look how blue the ar is ;)

3244738179_fbab5627e2_b.jpg

I was under the impression that the All Black crystal should not have AR at all (which it makes the dial almost impossible to see imho). I'd say it looks blue due to 1) being a thick sapphire 2) daylight reflection.

"Beneath the sapphire crystal, the only one without anti-reflection treatment in order to enhance the Black effect of the

Funny reading the specs below the write up it says 'sapphire crystal with AR'.

The main thing for me is that the way the xtal reflects blue is exactly like that pic and only in very certain light conditions so I wont get that rep blue paranoia and the rep AR on the watch is doing it's job in terms of looks, ie, it is a passable rep at distance. :)

hmm in the specs is stands that the crystal has AR,

so i think it has blue AR, also one gen owner in a other forum did not say anything about the blue ar in the crystal in his guide for hublots, he listet all flaws and the ar is not on his list, so i think it has AR, but also maybe hublot made different crystals in his watches, they love too change things we all know that hehe :)

here are some other pics

you can see a bit of the ar on the 1 an 7 position

2088399880_73e939507f_b.jpg

Fantastico Pete! The Hublot is by far one of my favourite reps - astounding quality. In fact I went watch browsing the other day just to compare rep to a gen (ofcourse my rep was in my pocket hehe) - and I couldnt tell the rep from the gen. I didnt handle the gen but im assuming if there were any tells they would be from the movement, but if its on your wrist then its indistinguishable.

Mine came with the factory AR (which was more than satisfactory, but the crystal is a tad thin). So I installed TX's crystal (and its VERY SLIGHTLY thick from what I could tell, but AR is perfect - overall closer to gen). So yeah your watches should be absolutely fine :)

Love both of them! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: