When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FGD hands & dial on my 201a

Merlin

Wow, really wonderful!!!

Mind to share, how you filled the indexes on your 201A?

I bought this dial already lumed from another member but with scratches on the surface. I fixed it and made it matt like the gen. the lume is awesome...

lume_1sec.jpg

Beauty

My hands are also on the way to mount on my The Zigmeister built 201a and my work in progress 203a

ok, today I had to take it apart again. I stripped the lume off the hands and painted the dial again (it was too matt). now I got the right color on the dial and on the superlume on the hands - and a beautiful finish. Now I love it!

201a_finished.jpg

201a_finished_02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@Merlin...how are you spraying the dial and not effecting the printing on the dial?...also, how did you fix the scratch and blend the paint into the other areas?...what are the diffs between the two paints in your pix above?...

well done...the piece looks great...

R-

@Merlin...how are you spraying the dial and not effecting the printing on the dial?...also, how did you fix the scratch and blend the paint into the other areas?...what are the diffs between the two paints in your pix above?...

well done...the piece looks great...

R-

I just used the clear varnish. so I can spray the whole dial, but on the white paint you don't see an effect.

I fixed the scratches with very little amount of paint and a silver-polishing-cloth.

the difference between these two paints is the color. one is black, the other one is clear, I used the clear one only.