When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 - a step closer to heaven

gtanak

Well folks, the last you'd ever see of my 3717... Together with a brand new gorgeous gen ostrich ( i think!) pilot strap i got on the bay together with gen buckle... Enjoy.. For you'll never see this baby again.

a0f66c0f.jpg

cf558c8e.jpg

cd3c9bf6.jpg

nice looking combo mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks mate... the strap is hand made and feels really good. Suddenly my 3717 looks like it ready for a dogfight. Managed to snag it for a great price on the bay on auction :victory:

Looks lethal bud, nice choice. Is it black w/ white stitching?

And off topic slightly, do the rep 3717 cases have all the right polished SS vs. brushed surfaces as the gen, e.g. the thin line of polish down the sides of the lugs and around the dial? I have the gen but the reps look so good I might have to get one!

Looks lethal bud, nice choice. Is it black w/ white stitching?

And off topic slightly, do the rep 3717 cases have all the right polished SS vs. brushed surfaces as the gen, e.g. the thin line of polish down the sides of the lugs and around the dial? I have the gen but the reps look so good I might have to get one!

Yes its kindof a glossy black.. not over glossy though. really thick good leather though. Pure white stitchings to contrast.

Perhaps pics of what you're asking might help a lot mate.

Just picked up my 3717 from the Spa... Not only did it go for a recalibration... it came back with some surprises, i did start this thread by saying you'd be seeing that 3717 for the last time... Pics first.

First a face on photo

3717face.jpg

Next... a lume shot after 10s UV

3717lume.jpg

A closeup of the lume marker at 12

3717marker12.jpg

Lume marker at 3

3717marker3big.jpg

Super closeup of marker at 3

37173marker.jpg

I'm sure the more au fait would have guessed the mods. This baby has just shot up many notches with a gen dial, d/d wheels and gen hands! I will do a side by side comparison of gen and rep dial a bit later on. First impressions are the lume markers are a dead giveaway cos they look more chunky and sharp edged on the rep.

Mods done to my 3717 so far :

Taka AR

ETA d/d wheels

Full service and tuning by Spin +/- 3s per day

Gen Dial

Gen Hands

New caseback to replace scratches

Gen buckle

Stay tuned for the comparison.

TanG

very very nice bro.. got my 3717-12 at Spin for some franken work on it now, can't wait to get it back..

I heard bro... Spin said he received many red boxes haha. I'm sure yours will be a beauty as well.. rem to post photos!

Hey boneventura.. here you go. Hope its zoomed out enough

415f716a.jpg

c6c911ea.jpg

whoops, its got a brand new case back so the red stickers still there :p

Yet again.... this will be the last you see of this baby... Its going in for a mvmt upgrade :) 1 step from heaven