When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something Weird Just Happened!

redwatch

Ok, I was just browsing the New Posts and I noticed an old post of mine was near the top of the list. I thought that was interesting so I clicked on it. The last post was made by me on April 27,2010. But it showed up today as being updated this morning at 9:01am?? Has someone hacked my account or something? I definitely didn't bump the topic at 9:01am this morning. I wasn't even on my computer at 9:01am this morning. :g:

Here's a screenshot of the "View New Posts" that I just took.

Screenshot2010-07-09at93631AM.png

You can find the post here

Nothing weird there.

I bumped it up myself after reading the review today. It was worth bumping.

I did the same with several other good old review threads that deserved "another look" by the membership.

I notices a thing like this a while ago when a post by Victoria was bumped, i thought that some one had added to the end of it but the last post was a couple of years old, only the originator can bump it with out posting but she had not logging on a year or so, or will it get bumped if some one edits a post within a thread??

Edit, BT explains above, I assume he bumped the Vic one then

Admin team members can bump any threads. I do that sometimes when I browse for old interesting threads.

I believe others do it too. Sometimes these nice threads get a "second life" this way.

Why not?

PS: I doubt I bumped the Victoria thread though (unless it was something interesting). Must have been someone else. I have only bumped good and remarkable reviews, etc.

That's a great idea. You can't pin all the interesting posts, because you would have 2-3 pages of pinned posts to scroll through every time you went to the active posts. But, bring a good "golden Oldie" up to the front every now and then let's new members enjoy them, lets older members go back and re-read them and hopefully answers some of the "noob" questions that get asked almost every day.

Great job Sir.

Thanks

A

Exactly. I wanted the bump button for us moderators for that very reason.

Forums are weird... sometimes there is a fantastic review that gets no attention at all. But when I have bumped it after a few weeks the threads becomes alive and gets lots of attention.

There are lots of "golden oldies" that I'm going to bump later. Especially in the "other brands" section. It's really interesting forum section. Highly recommended! :good: