When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5218-203A

swdivad

Finally got my 203A back from my watchsmith :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Case: Unknown

CG: Unknown

Crown: Unknown

Dial: FGD

Crystal: DSN

Movement: ETA/DSN

Hands: Tritium

Back: Jacob

DLC: opcrown

There's still more work to be done, but I just wanted to have some time on my wrist before I send it back for some tweaks:

• The plate between the movement and the dial is too thick by about .2mm :black_eye:
  • Needs a new case tube
  • Needs a new crown
  • Will replace the hands with FGD hands just received
  • Need to polish or replace CG pin, and I think PVD coat it

Other than above, I'm very happy with it! It's so beautiful on my wrist, can't stop looking at it :whistling:

7 Years in this hobby and still loving Panerai!!!

Enjoy!

img3266resize.jpg

img3264resize.jpg

img3263resize.jpg

img3265resize.jpg

img3270resize.jpg

img3271resize.jpg

D mate, it looking good! I wish one day I will be able to build one of this too. Im still waiting to do my 201a and 202a.

My EOD movement in the other hand was broken and damaged. Now I need a new movement, which is way expensive. Cost like a new watch altogether! damn..

enjoy yours mate!

D mate, it looking good! I wish one day I will be able to build one of this too. Im still waiting to do my 201a and 202a.

My EOD movement in the other hand was broken and damaged. Now I need a new movement, which is way expensive. Cost like a new watch altogether! damn..

enjoy yours mate!

you can get an asian 7750 for cheap... I told you not to change the date between 9pm and 3am... ever

Thanks for the compliments guys... it still needs some work, but it's ok for the time being...

The CG lever is too tight and the dial sub-plate is too thick, so it doesn't wind properly yet :(

Need to fix these issues for it to be complete.

Anybody have a spare dial plate with seconds at 9 by any chance?

Looking pretty darn good IMO... you're almost there! :clapping:

How come you're thinking about recoating the lever pin in PVD? I'm pretty certain that most of the 203/A (pictures) that I've seen, the pin is left uncoated in SS. Best description I can give is that it's slightly brushed concentrically, some pics look polished and slightly darkened but it looks good in the raw SS form. What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by dleerious

Looking pretty darn good IMO... you're almost there! :clapping:

How come you're thinking about recoating the lever pin in PVD? I'm pretty certain that most of the 203/A (pictures) that I've seen, the pin is left uncoated in SS. Best description I can give is that it's slightly brushed concentrically, some pics look polished and slightly darkened but it looks good in the raw SS form. What are your thoughts on this?

Yes, it seems some photos show it as PVD, others seem plain steel... Here's some gen shots:

17187088.gif

17187088o1.gif

e01819087502896.jpg

e01819087525664.jpg

f01821999185677.jpg

getattachment7aspxt.jpg

pict0189copy.jpg

Right now, the dial plate and waterproof issues are at the top of the list. I just can't seem to think about taking it off my wrist for the time it will take to fix! :Jumpy: