When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

44mm Tag Formula 1 rep?

Sl1deways

I like the Tag Formula 1 however after owning bigger watches the 41mm just seems to small. I tried on the newer 44mm ones at my local AD over the weekend and I think it fits my 7.5" wrist a lot better. My question is, is there a rep of the 44mm available yet? A cheaper one is fine as it's only going to be a beater watch for kite surfing/surfing (after it's pressure tested of course!).

I

post-29208-034317800 1278898566.jpg

post-29208-038438500 1278898573.jpg

I like the Tag Formula 1 however after owning bigger watches the 41mm just seems to small. I tried on the newer 44mm ones at my local AD over the weekend and I think it fits my 7.5" wrist a lot better. My question is, is there a rep of the 44mm available yet? A cheaper one is fine as it's only going to be a beater watch for kite surfing/surfing (after it's pressure tested of course!).

I've had a quick look around a few trusted dealer sites but I can't seem to see it listed. I'll also ask my dealer however I thought I'd give you guys a go first.

Thanks

post-29208-038438500 1278898573.jpg

post-29208-034317800 1278898566.jpg

I did find it at watcheden, and I guess it is not a decent rep as By-Tor says.

Although I think sometimes it is OK to lower the specifications.

The bezel seems to be wrong, it looks more like gears than the gen - which has a V-shape between the numbers

Some of the numbers seem to be thicker on the rep.

The subdial at 6 seems to have the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, etc wrongly placed.

The subdial at 9 seems also to be a bit wrong.

The minute hand seems to be too short.

(It might be more faults I do not see)

post-20849-037341400 1278955122.jpg

When all this is said, I might have a bit more relaxed approach to how gen-like a replica must be than others at this forum. I think the short minute hand might be

a tell - but not to many people. I guess also the more U-shaped between the numbers on the bezel is quite possible to see without lining the rep up with the gen.

Even now knowing these faults I do not think I would be able to spot the faults, except the bezel and minute hand - and perhaps not even these.

I have been called out once - sort of - he was very nice about it. And he works with watches - it wasn't the watch that caught his suspicion, it was the strap.

I know lots of people here will differ, however:

This Formula 1 I would wear with pride - i think it looks good - even with its faults.smile.gif

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It looks like they also have the 43mm Raikkonen edition which I prefer. As you mentioned there are a few inaccuracies like the bezel, while a little better than the other chrono it's still off. The chrono dials are slight off as well, the date wheel is different colour and shorter seconds hand.

I'm pretty fussy with my reps and if this was to be a day to day or weekend watch I probably wouldn't wear it however for a sporty watch I can use while out in the water, working on the car, etc, I think this'll be fine.

Does anyone know if they are relatively water resistant? I can open it up, re grease the back and crown gasket. What about the chrono pushes? Do they normally have gaskets as well in the F1 reps?

post-29208-044320600 1278979025.jpg