When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland, second take

By-Tor

I'm glad too. :)

One thing I wonder... I have both genuine Pro2 on my Fish and the rep Pro2 on my Skyland.

Lots of people say that the "rep Pro2 doesn't compare", etc.

Bunch of crap. It's 90% as nice as the gen (when treated properly). At least on v2. It even has the correct looking "SEL recess" that the Fish reps never had, and it's silky smooth after oiling. Maybe the clasp engraving isn't quite up there (regarding sharpness) but spending $400 to gen Pro2 wouldn't be my 1st priority.

I agree. The Pro2 rep bracelet leaves little to be desired. Some are downright perfect, others not so much. I think again we're talking about QC variances.

For instance.. My Skyland Pro2 is great. Save for the damn logo being stamped upside down.

SDC12771.jpg

You know, initially I believed I had a v3, but after re-reading toadrurrent's excellent review, I now believe it is a V2. Not that it matters, I guess, This stuff will drive you mad if you let it.

You know, initially I believed I had a v3, but after re-reading toadrurrent's excellent review, I now believe it is a V2. Not that it matters, I guess, This stuff will drive you mad if you let it.

I wouldn't say it doesn't matter. For me i'd take the V2 anyday over the V3 cos of the right bezel fonts and chrono pushers which cannot be modded. The poor lume on the V2 at least can be corrected with a relume or dial swap. So be glad its a V2 actually :)

I wouldn't say it doesn't matter. For me i'd take the V2 anyday over the V3 cos of the right bezel fonts and chrono pushers which cannot be modded. The poor lume on the V2 at least can be corrected with a relume or dial swap. So be glad its a V2 actually :)

I guess my point is that regardless of what you call it, I like the watch.

I guess my point is that regardless of what you call it, I like the watch.

+1.

The way the edge of the "1" hooks, or the mm of difference between a pusher isnt a bother to me, I just like the watch. I want to have it around for good. Instead of getting the gen (1st and foremost because I cannot afford it) I sent it to The Zigmeister, its on the way back with the lume corrected and an overhaul, I know I keep mentioning it. :drool:

I had mentioned to BT in another thread, the Steelfish bezel #1's are the same font as a V3 Skyland. The minutiae of these things get downright silly, but thats RWG for you.

I know... its just me. First ordered a V2 but dealer sent me a V3 instead claiming he was out of stock of V2... Found myself conciously staring at the '1' font and thinking the pushers were gonna fall out.. (Yes i know, its just anal me) So had to send it back for a refund and when i finally got my V2... it was just heavenly. Wore it into an AD once to ask for the price of a Pro II bracelet and the salesman told me "You have great taste Sir, that's one of our nicest design." My reply.. curt and cold, " So you sure you can't discount on the bracelet?" Haha..but hey that's what a Gen owner would say!

Breitling bracelets are insanely priced and as I said before I don't think gen Pro2 is worth the cost on this watch.

It mimics the gen bracelet very well.

Actually I've gotten a Breitling bug lately... I need one with Pilot bracelet in my collection. I think I'm going to get the new B01. Black Onyx dial with Roman numerals.

But I haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll check the upcoming 42mm PO first. :)