When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

US repair for Davidson Pam?

Wally1025

Any rep friendly watch repair person should be able to put the hand on. I just got my SOSF from VAC for a service and lume and so far its been very good. I also sent in my panerai/ferrari to a trusted repair person from RWI don't know if he is over here.

What movement is in your watch?

I would start with the trusted ones if you want a service or cleaning. I think The Zigmeister is still not accepting stuff (if he is someone should let me know so I can get some stuff there lol). VAC was really good with getting my stuff taken care of and the quality is really good.

Any rep friendly watch repair person should be able to put the hand on. I just got my SOSF from VAC for a service and lume and so far its been very good. I also sent in my panerai/ferrari to a trusted repair person from RWI don't know if he is over here.

What movement is in your watch?

I would start with the trusted ones if you want a service or cleaning. I think The Zigmeister is still not accepting stuff (if he is someone should let me know so I can get some stuff there lol). VAC was really good with getting my stuff taken care of and the quality is really good.

Thanks, Im embarrassed to say I dont know the exact movement. How can I check? Its a TI 177 or 117 unbranded pam. Nothing wrong with the movement. I dropped the watch and thats how the hour hand popped off. How may I get in contact with this person Vac?

I take mine to a local watchmaker, he doesn't care if it's rep or real, he will service it. If you live in a larger city you can typically find a guy who will repair all your watches. Just don't take it into a large chain store or an AD for the brand, those are bad places for reps. :unsure: Most of the higher end reps have the same movements as the real ones, so service will be about the same anyway.

I'm with Willith. Find a local watchsmith. There's nothing like having a guy close by to work on your watches. Most "independent" watchsmiths don't care. They're happy for the business. In my case the watchsmith even complimented me on the watch I had serviced, my heavily modded B&R 03.

Ok side question: How did the hour hand fall off, and the minute hand stay on???

A watchmaker can do maintenance/repairs, but they are not going to stock rep panerai hands :brow: (if the hour hand is broken)

Davidson would probably repair/replace it for free (he did that for me once), but it is going to take a looonnng time and cost a fair bit to ship.

Just my 2c.