When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The anonymous unboxing

unregistered

IMG_3472.jpg

hmmmm....what might this be?

IMG_3481.jpg

Could it be? PVD? That lug shape looks awfully familiar. DLC from avitt?

IMG_3482.jpg

Now that starts looking a little different from what I expected.

IMG_3484.jpg

Ok...that ain't no PVD/DLC Panerai.

Alas my friends, you are correct it is but a simple Anonymous brand from Florence....i.e Anonimo Firenze

IMG_3473.jpg

I went and got myself an Anonimo HiDive OxPro "A" Hybrid with Millemetri dial. LE of 499 pieces. I got an offer from my dealer that I just could not refuse and since I've always been a fan of Anonimo, just not their prices, I thought why not.

IMG_3474.jpg

On to the pictures:

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

Comparison vs. a Panerai 111I

IMG_3495.jpg

When I initially bought it, I was a little put off, I thought it was too small, a little too thin. However, the longer I have it on, the more I love. That's even more true once I slapped on a Zulu 20mm strap for it (I need to buy a 22mm for it shortly). The only thing is, this has very little space on the lug side which will be an issue for thick PAM style straps :(

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

And of course, a lume comparison shot. Fully charged, 1s exposure

P1100141.jpg

Absolutely loving it!

Now the thing is, I don't know what the difference is between this LE HiDive version and a normal Polluce OxPro besides the dial having those 3 extra emblems?

pol11.jpg

And an additional note on the OxPro process from Anonimo themselves;

Ox-pro is an oxidation process that turns the steel that we use black. In the late 90's and the beginning of this decade, we had many requests for a black case. We always held off because PVD was our only option, and our testing showed that PVD scratches off and is almost impossible to repair. Ox-pro is not 100% permanent either, but the wear of Oxpro is much more attractive. Rather than an uneven chip, Ox-pro wears in a planned manner, similar to Stone Washed Jeans. Over time it forms interesting patterns into the case.

Drass is the evolution of the Ox-pro process. It is similar to Ox-pro but is more durable and a harder treatment. Our Drass watches came out of improvements we made while making our Dino Zei San Marcos last year. This watch was designed for a unit of the Italian "Marines" called the San Marcos Brigade. Because this watch would have a military application, it required a harder treatment than the original ox-pro. Through this watch, Ox-pro B, a harder surface that gave a slightly scaled back color in between black and gray as achieved. We then entered into a relationship with a sophisticated diving manufacturer called Drass Galeazzi in which we made a commemorative watch for them based on achieving a titanium colored oxpro finish. A mix between Ox-Pro and the San Marco finish. While lighter in color than the the San Marco, and more resembling titanium, we were able to retain the harder substance. In fairness to Drass, the company that was the inspiration for the finish and which has a similar color to their diving equipment, we named the new finish Drass. Drass will have a similar wear pattern to the original Ox-Pro but because it is harder, the process of change will be slower. You can see Drass in many of our anniversary models as well as the Polluce and Wayfarer Drass.