When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss ETA7750, gold ceramic Hublot,

Mickey Padge

Thanks goes to Domi for his excellent work as always, this simply wouldn't of happened without him! B)

This watch started off as a standard low beat, full gold ceramic Hublot from Mary (see here: )

And after a few tweaks, a new set of H bezel screws, a gold plated display back and the ETA7750 of course, the watch is finally complete and on my wrist, keeping great time and working perfectly! :)

Pictures, click to expand:

dsc03607q.th.jpgdsc03610m.th.jpgdsc03611u.th.jpg

dsc03613s.th.jpgdsc03618.th.jpg

dsc03607o.jpg

This is my one and only Hublot, the ceramic case holds up very well to knocks and bumps, and it's likely it will stay that way for a very long time, no tarnishing or rubbed away plating here! The old ceramic case back cracked, and Mary was most helpful and sent out the new plated one, as well as the new screws. I actually prefer it now, the old case back was glossy with coloured font, I think it looks better brushed, and the colour match is excellent :)

What do you guys think? I knew I held on to that ETA7750 for a reason!

Not just nice but very very nice, pretty much as good as a HBB can get! The caseback looks brilliant as well, definately an improvement over the colored one - curious as to the reason why the old one cracked i.e dropped? Missed out on the ceramics and now really missing my RG HBB after seeing these photos... :shock:

This is definitely a keeper - if however you do decide you are bored with it just lemme know, will jump at the chance to take it off your hands ;) (hey it doesn't hurt to ask)

Thanks exper! :)

The old case back cracked where the screws went through in a couple of places, maybe I overtightened the screws? Certainly it never happened with the other ceramic Hublots I have owned before....

It's a keeper for sure, although I am out of work right now, so you never know, hopefully I can find a job soon and hold on to my collection! :o

Cheers! B)

thanks mate :)

yes its a bit pricey thats true :( but it was totaly worth imho :) and hey why not sell a watch that you dont wear that much+your next watch purchase ( that comes for sure one day :D ) .. and you have the money for the all black :D

no i dont think yet mickey, my movement keeps very accurate time so far (highbeat of course) :) and all works well :) but i may consider a service or swap one day from domi too, cause i realy like it that much, but for know i have to recover my wallet a bit first :D

heres a shot from my movement, i like it for now, changed rotor , h sticker and caseback, still not correct, but maybe i find the correct limitet edition one day :D anyways better then the black ceramic one i think

bild0246w.jpg

bild0249.jpg

Looks great, nice pictures, thanks for sharing :)

I don't usually put Swiss 7750's into my watches, did it a couple of times before in the past and realised it is not really necessary if the Asian movement is running well, like you say. However with this Swiss ETA7750 it was just sitting in a drawer doing nothing, much better to make use of it, than the low beat A7750 B)

lol :D you too , i also wear mine since the day i recieved it..almost a week now :D crazy i this is the longest time this year that i wear the same watch for this long time

btw, what was wrong with your screws? came they damaged?

No the screws weren't damaged, but two were too small in diameter, check the original review from the link in the first post and you will see what I mean :)

I dont wear gold otherwise Id have one of these for sure. Such a stunning watch. Congrats Mickey, the HBB def deserves those upgrades :thumbsupsmileyanim: Enjoy!

This is the only watch I own with a gold finish, but it is not full gold, or overpowering, so I like it. Plus the other gold plated reps would wear away, which is something I can't be bothered to deal with, that won't be a problem with this watch ;)

:black_eye:

Weird that it looks black on the inside. Great service from Mary! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah, I would have assumed it was gold throughout, but thanks to Mary for the new case back :)

I tried to scratch the gold ceramic case back with a key, but couldn't, but the ceramic is brittle though where the screws go through.....,