When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt Master Ii With Green Bezel

Bearcat

I've never seen a swiss GMT 50th aniv rep or gen on a jubilee bracelet. I think the major flaw here (other than the GMT hand being gold instead of red) is the crown & hands are gold on an StainlessSteel watch, but the bezel isn't? The gold GMT hand makes me think it's Asian, like the ones I've personally seen; swiss GMT hands are usually black or red. The triangular 24 hour-marker on the green aniv (gen & rep) bezel insert is wider, unlike the regular GMTs. Either that model needs a TT bracelet & gold bezel to match the crown & hands, or you should check out this one:

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...109e6e0bb1aa0a8

I've got this specific model, which runs better than the Asian, and (minus the hand-stack sequence) the bezel, rehaut & dial are very similar to the gen 50th aniv edition, which only comes in full gold. I think the SS version looks much better than the gen, imho.

HEY i like it , i would replace the insert with a black/gold gmt insert so that the gold would match the hands :thumbsupsmileyanim:

great project watch !

121551-21484.jpg

Well, it is for sale or trade if someone does want a little project watch. I am looking for one of the 2006 SeaDwellers or one of the newer DRSDs, or one of the latest Lv Subs.....Send me mail.

--Doc

gioarmani makes some good points.

It's kinda like this watch was put together from some odds and ends. A gold bezel ring and a two-tone band would go a long way towards pulling it together. Or maybe just swap out the crown for an ss one and leave it at that. Try to ignore the gold hands!

The bezel insert is wrong- old style in the green color, not the 50th insert w/ wider triangle and numbers.

I got one of these 50th GMTs in ss and now I'm in the process of going from green back to all black- bought an aftermarket bezel insert and now I'm waiting on a black dial from the dealer- I just got tired of the green.

I'll still have the green GMT hand and the Rolex writing on the inner rehaut ring (with the now famous serial # F437091), but what the heck- it'll be a test watch- if I get called down, I'll hand it to the person and say,

"What's wrong with it?"

gioarmani makes some good points.

It's kinda like this watch was put together from some odds and ends. A gold bezel ring and a two-tone band would go a long way towards pulling it together. Or maybe just swap out the crown for an ss one and leave it at that. Try to ignore the gold hands!

The bezel insert is wrong- old style in the green color, not the 50th insert w/ wider triangle and numbers.

I got one of these 50th GMTs in ss and now I'm in the process of going from green back to all black- bought an aftermarket bezel insert and now I'm waiting on a black dial from the dealer- I just got tired of the green.

I'll still have the green GMT hand and the Rolex writing on the inner rehaut ring (with the now famous serial # F437091), but what the heck- it'll be a test watch- if I get called down, I'll hand it to the person and say,

"What's wrong with it?"

just say you customized it ! with your watch making skillzzzzzzzzzzzzz :victory: