When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ploprof + Mesh

eunomians

Just a simple ol' pic of my Ploprof with OEM Omega mesh bracelet...

It's been a dream of mine to own one since the early 80s!

l1010916.jpg

Some thoughts/observations:

1. The rep clasp is total garbage (as mentioned before). It looks great but the adjust-on-the-fly mechanism is so poorly designed, it's literally a joke. It may work fine with the rubber strap, but it in no way works with a mesh strap since it comes loose as soon as the clasp is closed.

2. The lume out the box is less than average. I don't know why folks have been saying it's pretty good. Have you seen the rep lume on a DSSD? That is what I would deem 'decent' for a rep.

3. The crystal apparently has issues. The only issue I can 'see' is that the AR is not so hot. The remedy for all the crystal woes hopefully will be coming soon from the land of Poferijes & Oranjeboom :thumbsupsmileyanim:

4. My bezel insert does not line up perfectly. Again, poor Quality Control during assembly.

5. The button really should unlock/lock the bezel ring.

6. Helium Valve is not perfectly centered. Not a big deal, but it still bugs me.

7. Aluminum minute hand is well done.

8. Dial is seemingly well-executed.

9. Interplay of brushed surface with polished edges on the case makes the watch look OEM.

10. Caseback font engraving is not smooth but 'grainy' (poorly done).

Overall, I really like this rep despite my above comments.

It's decently made, and its inherent flaws are rectifiable: new crystal, AR, relume, OEM clasp + OEM mesh bracelet.