When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet

fkhill33

Hi, the bracelet on my genuine sub from the mid 90s is getting pretty beaten up and loose. The idea is that I will buy a rep sub for "transplant"... So the question is, are most bracelet in similar quality? If so, assume I just pick up the cheapest version from one of the dealers... I am not a hardcore purist so will be happy with a solid end piece from the modern sub (mine is hollow). So whats your view? Which sub and from whom do you recommend? and how much?

Cheers

It would make sense to post the ref number of your bracelet, clasp and end links - maybe even a picture?

I suspect that most will advise to keep your gen bracelet in place - age is a value, assuming its still useable.

It may be possible to buy a rep of the exact bracelet IF a replacement is required. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

93150 with hollow midlinks and 580 end links if you want the older style

93250 with SEL for newer solid end link style. Noobfactory submariners would be a good doner bracelet, or if you want to spend a few more bucks you could source a WM9 bracelet.

If you are putting this on a gen sub, then the floppy end link bracelet would stand a better chance of fitting, or the WM9 with SEL should be close if not correct. Not sure if the noob bracelet springbar holes will line up. You would have to drill out the noob bracelet to fit the gen 2mm spring bars. I drilled one out before and there wasnt much metal left, i dont know if i would trust it to hold an expensive gen head.

dizz

Edited by Dizzy

I would never put a rep bracelet on a genuine watch. I suggest you take the bracelet to someone who can refinish it.

Or buy some Scotch Brite-Pad and brush it yourself. It's not that hard.

http://www.minus4plus6.com/maintenance.htm

I would never put a rep bracelet on a genuine watch. I suggest you take the bracelet to someone who can refinish it.

Or buy some Scotch Brite-Pad and brush it yourself. It's not that hard.

http://www.minus4plus6.com/maintenance.htm

I agree, of course, with By-Tor. I would definitely recommend sending it to someone for refinishing (I know someone who is in US if you may be interested, PM me), or Michael Young does wonderful work as well. The least expensive option would be refinishing it yourself, and there are numerous write-ups here on RWG that are excellent. Another alternative would be finding a used bracelet either on the bay or one of the gen forums; however, I would always recommend trying to fix what you have and keeping it original. Plus, with the original bracelet, you wouldn't have to try to find another bracelet that had the correct date codes on the clasp.

refinishing is easy, but if the links are getting loose and worn then you can send it to get restored. Maybe someone can recommend someone who can tighten up those links. A good rep bracelet would work in the meantime until your gen is repaired.

dizz