When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Bentley 6.75? Can someone confirm?

Christie

G'day ppl,

I've been recently introduced into the world of reps and have been gathering the endless knowledge of many people here.

However due to my noob situation, I haven't been able to post or contribute to many (actually most) discussions in the forum.

Nevertheless, I've got a question that I need to ask you folks. I've been interested in buying Bentley 6.75 (REP) for a while now and finally decided to pull the trigger last night but to my horror the dealers have told me that they don't have any of the advertised models in stock and that they have been discontinued!

Instead, they offered me an alternative, 'updated' model with a different caseback wheel at a higher price...

I've been set on the 6.75 because of the 'datewheel' issue on the Navitimers.

The new 'updated' watch can be seen in the link below.

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_Detail.aspx?ProductID=201007310821

I've attached the pictures

post-29559-059082900 1280640853.jpg

post-29559-073390800 1280640862.jpg

I used the pictures as a reference guide nothing more.

The same watch has been offered by Puretimewatch dealer.

The answer was same there. The old model is discontinued and this new model is the updated version...

Maybe I could get some of the other dealers to see if they have the old model in stock...

The date font and size are off on the rep, it should be smaller. Even in the "updated" one in puretime. Just compare the gen pics on the thread with the one in puretime and its evident. Maybe they updated the movement who knows. Here is a pic of mine which is curently getting an AR service with taka. The rep AR is not good at all.

P1010718.jpg

So the new 'updated' rep is akin to the genuine?

I haven't been able to find any 'updated' pictures on the official Breitling website. The one on the official site seems closer to the 'older' model.

I know that the 6.75 has been sold without the caseback wheel in the past. Do you think this 'updated' caseback is a min-cost way of retaining the wheel? The quality is REALLY comparative between the old/new models.... Isn't the conventional wisdom to assume that 'update' = better?

I just want to know whether the update is decrease in quality or whether it's update parallel to the gen...

I just want to know whether the update is decrease in quality or whether it's update parallel to the gen...

Sorry, it's not parallel to the gen. The date wheels are a dead give away for both new and old version. It's also lacking Double AR on the crystal on both. The previous version looks better to me. The update is supposed to mimic the 6.75's new minor face lift with the sub dial rings and slight bezel change. I haven't seen the case back on the new gen 6.75 update, but the previous rep version had the case back correct. Also, the previous version had a red font version and an "updated" maroon font version. Sometimes dealers had the wrong case backs on these various iterations. I saw some 6.75 came with incorrect Motors T case backs.

If you like the look then get it, double AR it, and enjoy it for what it is. It's just not the most accurate rep available, if that's what you were looking for.

Edited by alanytical

Sorry, it's not parallel to the gen. The date wheels are a dead give away for both new and old version. It's also lacking Double AR on the crystal on both. The previous version looks better to me. The update is supposed to mimic the 6.75's new minor face lift with the sub dial rings and slight bezel change. I haven't seen the case back on the new gen 6.75 update, but the previous rep version had the case back correct. Also, the previous version had a red font version and an "updated" maroon font version. Sometimes dealers had the wrong case backs on these various iterations. I saw some 6.75 came with incorrect Motors T case backs.

what he said

also I just wanted to show you guys my new avatar

• 6 months later...

I have one of the updated Bentley. Not sure how close it is to gen, but the quality seems to be really good. The date wheel on this watch is also very interesting. Whether or not the date font is maroon, I can really careless about. After all, I don't know anyone has a Bentley.

The watch is heavy, but wearable. I don't think I would ever put on a SS bracelet. The wheel caseback is interesting, but the standard flat caseback maybe more practical. Don't how close the dial is to gen, but it's nice built and I don't think I would ever replace it with gen (even though I understand it's impossible to do).

On mine, the small second hand is bit choppy. I think have the watch serviced will make it smooth. I hope in the mean while the way it is will not damage anything. The crown tube is also short. I wonder if it can be improved or replace with a gen. The bezel is butter smooth right now, I wonder if it gets looser over time. Does anyone know?

I have one of the updated Bentley. Not sure how close it is to gen, but the quality seems to be really good. The date wheel on this watch is also very interesting. Whether or not the date font is maroon, I can really careless about. After all, I don't know anyone has a Bentley.

The watch is heavy, but wearable. I don't think I would ever put on a SS bracelet. The wheel caseback is interesting, but the standard flat caseback maybe more practical. Don't how close the dial is to gen, but it's nice built and I don't think I would ever replace it with gen (even though I understand it's impossible to do).

On mine, the small second hand is bit choppy. I think have the watch serviced will make it smooth. I hope in the mean while the way it is will not damage anything. The crown tube is also short. I wonder if it can be improved or replace with a gen. The bezel is butter smooth right now, I wonder if it gets looser over time. Does anyone know?

pics ? MMS ?

Here is one picture. :).

865f139d.jpg

MMS? What do you mean?

Multimedia Messaing Service (phone to phone)

here's mine, but then you've already seen it :D

947dbbad.jpg

my bezel still feels the same as it always was, maybe its because the bezel doesn't get any real action

besides the dual DW's the bezel/crystal moving together is one of the biggest tells on the 6.75

• 11 months later...