When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 063 C question?

mas6002mi

PAM 063C does exist as a Gen. The GMT hand is fully functional as this rep, and the Gen, are based on the ETA 2893 movement which is a true GMT movement.

Josh and Andrew' websites specify the movement as the 2836-2.............. is it the same as the 2893???

i guess this is a noob question

The 2836, while an excellent movement, is not a true GMT movement and has been modified by the rep makers to emulate a GMT movement.

It is functional but not as reliable in this modified state.

You can, however, swap in a true 2893 GMT movement as many on the board have done.

Nah...already tried that avenue...DSN's recent 29 & 63 hands are cr@p....FGD needs to take up the task g.gif

Well, unless you can find an EL set, DSN is the only option other than the standard rep hands. Just trying to help ya out...and yes if FGD was to create 063 hands, we'd all grab them!

Well, unless you can find an EL set, DSN is the only option other than the standard rep hands. Just trying to help ya out...and yes if FGD was to create 063 hands, we'd all grab them!

I thought for a moment there Fxr had a stash of proper 63 hands...and sure, EL 63/29 hands would nice...unfortunately DSN seems to have lost the recipe to make them straight and wide........but that's why we may have to make a poll and present it to FGD...if demand is there, maybe it will motivate him to make some hands...I'm sure many members on 2-3 forums will be interested

Look what member motivation did for Jakob and casebacks over at RG....

Edited by btocamelo

I thought for a moment there Fxr had a stash of proper 63 hands...and sure, EL 63/29 hands would nice...unfortunately DSN seems to have lost the recipe to make them straight and wide........but that's why we may have to make a poll and present it to FGD...if demand is there, maybe it will motivate him to make some hands...I'm many members on 2-3 forums will be interested

Look what member motivation did for Jakob and casebacks over at RG....

True and considering the 063's status as a super rep...that would definitely put it one step further! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I don't have much tenure on this forum....maybe some of the more senior members can create a poll thread and we present it to FGD for his consideration.

FGD proper straight and wide 29/63/23 hands for 2893 movement....They will sell like HOTCAKES!

I have at least 3x 2893 movements that need proper hands....:thumbsupsmileyanim:

pam291.jpg

Edited by btocamelo