When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a watch smith in the USA

Prsist

I went to my only local watch smith who I know works on reps and he quoted me $275 to overhaul a watch, rep or gen. I find this a little too high. Is this a fair price to do an overhaul?

I would rather someone on the forum work on my reps as I think they would have the added experience of working with reps. Am I correct in my thinking?

With that said can someone let me know who I can email or pm on the forum to discuss potentially working on a couple of my reps? If you know of someone in Saint Louis, MO, even better.

I don't remember the exact price on what I paid for the SOSF service since it had the dial and hands lumed and all with shipping both ways was under 200. The A7750 was also under 200 including shipping both ways. I haven't looked locally. Both were done by different very good well reviewed members off the board.

Who can I go to in the community to service my watches?

Is a movement swap just buying a new movement and swapping it out? Or is it a little more complicated?

I have an IWC aquatimer I love and want serviced before it breaks down.

The A7750 I had serviced ran me 185 and was done just a few weeks ago. I am actually waiting for it to get finished up and returned to me lol. I believe most of the recommended folks from the board will run around that price for an A7750. Mine was on a running seconds at 9 model don't know if it makes a really big difference though.

Mine were all mailed to members from the forum. I don't know of a local one to me anyhow. VAC did my SOSF service and lume of dial and hands. Another member is working on my A7750.

I am waiting for The Zigmeister to open up, start accepting more watches, so I can send off another watch to be lumed and serviced.