When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 025D Pics

nix

I received my DSN 025D last week (along with a 24A). This one is powered by an A7750. My overall impression is that this is a great attempt by DSN. The case feels appropriately light weight and has nice sharp corners. The dial looks very nice with the hobnail finish. The hobnail finish gives the dial a little bit of sparkle and texture over the standard matte black of the 24. The dial does look glossy though in direct light. The aged tritium lume is very nice on the dial and hands (and actually glows pretty well.. possibly too well?). Unfortunately, I have unsighly lume bubbles in the bezel dot. I don't know what I'm going to do about that.. I guess a relume is in the works. The date wheel font is improved.. but still not quite up to the level of a 2Geek/Taka or Leo DW. The lugs on the case are not quite far enough out.. so it is difficult to mount thicker straps. I tried to mount a nice 'ultimate' rep panerai dive strap to mine and it was very difficult and I ended up cutting the rubber on the case edge. The crystal has no AR and the cyclops magnifies a good amount. However, the cyclops is 7mm (1mm too large) and sits slightly too far to the center. The stock Ti DSN crown was nice.. but I felt it still needed to be replaced. I installed a Ti T48 SL crown and it was very simple to do. I only had to shorten the stem just a hair. I did not have to shave down my crown guard lever. (I did have to shave down my CG lever on my 24A with T48SL, though) Keep this in mind when you see the pics below.. some have his stock crown.. some have the T48 SL crown.

I actually swam in the pool the other day doing laps.. and diving down to about 9 feet and holding my breath for a while and there were no leaks and no fogging of the crystal. I installed the T crown later and saw no signs of water so these are pretty water tight out of the box. Still, I always suggest lubricating the seals prior to taking a replica under water. (even though I didn't in this case!)

Pics!

Stock:

25_02.jpg

25_06.jpg

25_wrist_02.jpg

25_wrist_03.jpg

25_04.jpg

T48:

t48_04.jpg

t48_03.jpg

t48_02.jpg

t48_06.jpg

t48_05.jpg

25_05.jpg

25d_swim_01.jpg

T48_07.jpg

I retained one of the DSN rubber seals and the mini seal that came with the T48. I'm pretty sure it's water tight still... but I have not formally tested it. It is so tight I cannot turn the crown with the lever closed so I think that's a good sign.

Nix,

Thanks so much for posting this. I have been going back and forth in my mind on wether or not to get this. I think that the crystal and the crown guard are probably the most dissapointing for me (especially the CG as it is the most likely difficult part to replace with something better).

The crystal is an oddity - since DSN has pretty nice crystals that are 6MM cyclops (which were made to fit the 2892). I am surprised that he could not ask the same manufacturer to make them for the 7750 (diameter i assume would need to be changed as well).

Great pictures. The T crown looks great. The case overall looks very well done. Looks like the perfect base for a project....

How good is the click, tightness and alignment of the bezel?

My 025D bezel clicks 60 times around and is bi-directional. Each click is tight/firm and it does not wiggle. It makes a healthy chunky 'click' as well. (whereas my 024A clicks 12 times bi-directional and is also pretty firm)

I think that the crystal and the crown guard are probably the most dissapointing for me (especially the CG as it is the most likely difficult part to replace with something better).

Yep.. I'm sorta used to the rep mfgr's not getting the crown guards right. I can live with this for now.. unless a good ti CG can be found. The crystal also is a big issue for me.. and I hope the rumors are true that DSN will release an updated crystal for these soon.