When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would you believe it if you saw it?

Ronin

Would you belive it if you saw one in the wild?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. If you saw a PVD/DLC'd Rolex in the wild what would be your first impression?

• Most likely a REP
    • Most likely GEN
    • GEN "if" the cloths, persona, etc. mesh

Crazy poll.

I was poking around eBay and was amazed by the amount of "Black" Rolex's. I also came across a few in Tourneau Las Vegas a few months ago.

With companies like Time & Gems, Pro-Hunter, Project X etc, seemingly creating these, they "do exist". BUT in any given month, a PVD REP usually shows up here FS as well.

I have yet to see one in the wild.

Haven't seen any PVD's, but I've seen a caramel dialed 5512, a square cg 5512, a Tiffany dialed "big eye" daytona, a chocolate chapter ring gilt 1675, and a color changed sub dials 6265.

oh.. almost forgot, I saw a red sub and a beat up matte 5513 a couple years ago.

PS... completely forgot one of my favorites: I saw a very special 5508 in the wild, and then witnessed the same watch get auctioned off at Christies ;)

What I find interesting is that there are 35+ DLC and or PVD Rolex's on the Bay at the moment. I remember seeing 2 in the case at Tourneau.

So, this makes me wonder if; 1.) Is anyone buying, and 2.) Will we end up with a surplus of discounted Black Rolex's in the years to come.

:g: