When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM000 dial finish?

hackR

can't seem to find a good macro of the PAM 000 dial...

is the gen "textured" or is it "glossy uniform" jet black?...looking at jaykeem's excellent rep/gen PAM000 post, i can't tell...

jaykeem's rep/gen PAM000 compare post

my rep has a similar dial to jaykeem's; which is a glossy uniform jet black...

here's jaykeem's rep dial pix:

IMG_6033.jpg

thanks...

Gen 000/005 is definitely not textured, mate. However not glossy either. Rep dial is very very close and you should leave it alone, IMO ^_^

Both are basically jet black as you said, with a nice smooth matte appearance, the look which changes under different angles and depends on a light source.

Some collectors insisted in the past the rep Base Logo dial needed a coat of matte varnish to bring it closer to gen dial appearance.

IMO that was unnecessary, and depending on varnishing technique many have ended up with an incorrect dark gray or anthracite effect.

perfect information, B...and thank you for the explanation...

mine is as you say...and will leave it alone...

my issue is that i installed a chieftang double ar crystal on my 000 and that makes the dial more pronounced than without double ar...i may just swap the non-ar crystal back in...i know double ar is not accurate, but i have it on my LH dial 177 and my 036 - so i thought why not add it to my 000 - but not liking it as much......the 177 and 036 look awesome (especially the LH dial - which has an amazing texture to it)...

Here it is:

pam000c1m.jpg

img6629p.jpg

AR is incorrect on an 036. But I can help you. Send your Chief crytsal to me and I'll send you one without AR. :whistling: :whistling:

ahhhh...but you need to take a different perspective on this....if i could afford an 036 - i certainly could afford to customize it with aftermarket double AR!...that's my story and i'm sticking to it!... ;)

my 036 dial -- with Z-lume and "T Swiss T" -- reallllly pops with chief's double AR...it may not be replimaniacally accurate, but it takes thie piece to a whole new level...

That was a typo :-)

We beat that horse to death few years back over at TRC & RWI forums ;-)

Sorry D...but is it also a TYPO on the Officine Panerai website?

Crystal: sapphire, made from corundum, 3.5 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.

Mine has single side AR...correct.

I respect members of TRC and RWI but do any of them have first hand, eyes on knowledge to claim otherwise?

I stand by what I stated...AR is correct for the PAM 36.

;-)

Sorry D...but is it also a TYPO on the Officine Panerai website?

Crystal: sapphire, made from corundum, 3.5 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.

Mine has single side AR...correct.

I respect members of TRC and RWI but do any of them have first hand, eyes on knowledge to claim otherwise?

I stand by what I stated...AR is correct for the PAM 36.

;-)

Yup, that's what I meant - a typo on the OP Web site. A prominent Paneristi Volker Wiegmann also confirmed the 036 comes without A/R, and he should know, he used to own a gen PAM036 ;-)

The Panerai.com web site came up few years after the 036MM release. At that time the A/R'd xtals on PAMs were a norm and is likely the 036 xtal info was entered by mistake, by assumption.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here mate, up to you if you want to believe this or not...really. B)

cheers,

b

Yup, that's what I meant - a typo on the OP Web site. A prominent Paneristi Volker Wiegmann also confirmed the 036 comes without A/R, and he should know, he used to own a gen PAM036 ;-)

The Panerai.com web site came up few years after the 036MM release. At that time the A/R'd xtals on PAMs were a norm and is likely the 036 xtal info was entered by mistake, by assumption.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here mate, up to you if you want to believe this or not...really. B)

cheers,

b

B is right - no AR on the 036

Yup, that's what I meant - a typo on the OP Web site. A prominent Paneristi Volker Wiegmann also confirmed the 036 comes without A/R, and he should know, he used to own a gen PAM036 ;-)The Panerai.com web site came up few years after the 036MM release. At that time the A/R'd xtals on PAMs were a norm and is likely the 036 xtal info was entered by mistake, by assumption. I'm not trying to pick a fight here mate, up to you if you want to believe this or not...really. B) cheers,b

And the gentleman that supplied me my gen 36 dial also confirmed to me that the 36 does in fact have AR.

No fightin words here mate, just want the facts. Volker is well known amongst the cognoscenti...of which I am not privy too...but I do have my sources as well and I can only go by that.

LIke the rest of us, I just want to build the most accurate, complete rep! That's all. :victory:

It would be most helpful if OP could review their WWW and printed material before publishing. :clapping:

B is right - no AR on the 036

Pic of gen from purists...it appears that there is AR on this sapphire. Which looks pretty close to my gens and 36's AR coating. :rolleyes:

But I may be wrong. :blink:

cheers :drinks: