When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

U-Boat's take on the Egiziano

burnz

not sure how many are aware of this new U-Boat U-42 limited edition, but i sure as hell didn't know about it until a few of my forum buddies here were talking about it over our usual Sunday GTG..

1 phone call and an unplanned trip down to the local U-Boat AD later, i flashed the plastic and now am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my pre-ordered U-42 :whistling:

dare i say, i think this U-Boat is nicer than the Egiziano, and sure as hell a lot more attainable too! did i mention this is 53mm?? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

check out the video at http://vimeo.com/10430498

some pics taken off other websites:

U-BOAT+U-42+%2801%29.jpg

U-BOAT+U-42+%2802%29.jpg

U-BOAT+U-42+Beige+%2802%29.jpg

U-boat? i remember when this brand cost like 400$.

what has happened?

is it high end? since its posted in the panerai section.

Dani,

Last time I was in an AD I saw some U-Boat pieces in the 4 to 5K ranges. They sure don't go for $400 anymore, but I do remember some years back when they were in the 1 to 2k range. I guess with the popularity of big watches they've also moved on up.

U-boat? i remember when this brand cost like 400$.

what has happened?

is it high end? since its posted in the panerai section.

i guess you can say that U-Boat has entered the league of the big boys now.

the brand even made it to the main hall at Baselworld 2010 watch fair, rubbing shoulders with patek, panerai etc high end brands.

Well there are two versions, the more recent and infinitely more wearable U42 @ 53mm and the first version U1942 @ 65mm

http://www.uboatwatch.it/model.php?idM=54

1484759.jpg

Look forward to seeing pics of your U42. You've been on a bit of a watch spree :D

Just heard of your bi-weekly GTG. I'll try to make it one of these days. Pity is that I've moved away from that area

Edited by unregistered

Well there are two versions, the more recent and infinitely more wearable U42 @ 53mm and the first version U1942 @ 65mm

http://www.uboatwatc...odel.php?idM=54

1484759.jpg

Look forward to seeing pics of your U42. You've been on a bit of a watch spree :D

Just heard of your bi-weekly GTG. I'll try to make it one of these days. Pity is that I've moved away from that area

yes i have indeed been on a spree.. i blame it on not having any new projects to distract me.. plus i have very bad friends who egg me on to do my part to boost consumer spending :bangin:

about to go pick up another toy in a bit, maybe i'll have some teaser pics up by the end of the night..

seriously, make time to join us in our GTG.. i live in the bkt timah area but still make that commute to sengkang religiously :victory:

yes i have indeed been on a spree.. i blame it on not having any new projects to distract me.. plus i have very bad friends who egg me on to do my part to boost consumer spending :bangin:

about to go pick up another toy in a bit, maybe i'll have some teaser pics up by the end of the night..

seriously, make time to join us in our GTG.. i live in the bkt timah area but still make that commute to sengkang religiously :victory:

Another toy??? OMG.... :lol:

There are no such things a bad friends.... Only good friends & great company. :victory:

haha, I still make the commute religiously weekly as well, just on Sunday to visit my mum who still lives there. There will be hell to pay if I don't. :D

I'll drop you a msg soon to get the details and will try to make it on the next one.

Looking forward to meeting up with you too, dude!

• 3 weeks later...