When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Could you please tell me Navitimer (6-9-12) dial diameter?

cougaree

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks R for the link! I have just read it. This is what I got out of it:

If there is only one version of the 6-9-12 Serie Special watch, then I can use its case and put a 7753 movement and modified gen dial in it. However, doing so would sacrifice the ability to quick date change. The question is, whether or not there is only one version of the Serie Special. Mine has sunken dw, whereas the ones I have seen on dealers' websites don't.

What do you think? On the other hand, I may be better off just wait. A7753 Navitimers may be on their way...

The older serie special did not have a sunken datewheel and with a quick datewheel swap it looked a million dollars.

I would concentrate on a gen 6-9-12 dial with a lello or similar datewheel and give the glass some chief ar coating and you will have a pretty nice rep.

I also changed the caseback on my old one but it still needs an A1 caseback to get it correct but these have not been repped.

_IGP0935.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

bwhitesox, thanks for sharing your watch! It's really nice! I was hoping to modify mine to become like yours. Now, it seems like I should just leave the way it is. The case is not right for any franken work. Nonetheless, the unmodified watch is still pretty nice actually. Does yours have sharp/rough to touch Breitling logo on the caseback?

Thanks R for the link! I have just read it. This is what I got out of it:

If there is only one version of the 6-9-12 Serie Special watch, then I can use its case and put a 7753 movement and modified gen dial in it. However, doing so would sacrifice the ability to quick date change. The question is, whether or not there is only one version of the Serie Special. Mine has sunken dw, whereas the ones I have seen on dealers' websites don't.

What do you think? On the other hand, I may be better off just wait. A7753 Navitimers may be on their way...

Hi Cougaree,

the sunken datewheel is only present on the A7753 which is a modified A7750. A gen 7753 will not have this problem but it will not fit a rep dial you have to use a modified gen.

Problem is finding the correct case, only a older slowbeat Serie Speciale case will fit the gen movement, either 7750 or 7753. I am looking for one for a another tricompax project..

Cheers

P.