When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First AP

plaifender

Hey guys,

Just got my first AP after 3 months of waiting from Lacenta (AKA. Torobravo), who's a dealer here in spain. Needless to say. i've been waiting for this watch for quite a long time!

Overall, very impressed, and it's pretty much exactly how I expected it. The rubber is quite stiff and when on my wrist i don't like that there's a gap between the strap and watch at the lugs. The watch he sent has a pretty big mess up, and it's that the subdial hand at 6 o'clock is not centered at "zero" it doesn't reset back to zero, and it's kind of annoying. In any case, i think i'm going to live with it rather than send it back to lacenta and risk another 3 months of waiting. I get all my chronos serviced anyways, and this watch will not be an exception.. especially since it's an older A7750 21,600.. (apparently famous for breaking down!)

Anyways.. that's it. Now on to the photos:

IMG_3344edit.jpg

IMG_3354edit.jpg

IMG_3339edit.jpg

IMG_3356edit.jpg

opinions are welcome :)

I really like this one. Congrats!!

I think it is based on a titanium and smaller Gen with white datewheel so not sure if that qualifies as fantasy... :) .

Thinking about getting it myself. But how is the Anti Refelx and the lume on it?

Edited by mbjoer

I really like this one. Congrats!!

I think it is based on a titanium and smaller Gen with white datewheel so not sure if that qualifies as fantasy... :) .

Thinking about getting it myself. But how is the Anti Refelx and the lume on it?

fantasy.. as in ... the only thing in common with the original is the basic dial pattern... This model is obviously inspired by the limited edition titanium Paris Boutique.. but I'd be very hard pressed to call it even close to a "replica" of that watch. For that I consider it somewhat of a fantasy AP. Besides the color scheme on the dial, everything else: (case size.. subdial lay out, hands, datewheel, case material, caseback) have NOTHING to do with the original watch.

It's a nice watch, but there's no watch even remotely similar to this made by audemars piguet.. thus.. it's a fantasy watch to me hahaha :)

But yes MBJOER, I got what you meant ;)

p.s. @MBJOER- The lume is just O.K. Like ALL genuine Audemar's Piguet watches, there is no Anti-Reflective coating on this watch. Not sure if there's ever been a Gen or Replica that came with AR on it, although I have to admit, it would really make the dial on this watch pop out!

fantasy.. as in ... the only thing in common with the original is the basic dial pattern... This model is obviously inspired by the limited edition titanium Paris Boutique.. but I'd be very hard pressed to call it even close to a "replica" of that watch. For that I consider it somewhat of a fantasy AP. Besides the color scheme on the dial, everything else: (case size.. subdial lay out, hands, datewheel, case material, caseback) have NOTHING to do with the original watch.

It's a nice watch, but there's no watch even remotely similar to this made by audemars piguet.. thus.. it's a fantasy watch to me hahaha :)

But yes MBJOER, I got what you meant ;)

p.s. @MBJOER- The lume is just O.K. Like ALL genuine Audemar's Piguet watches, there is no Anti-Reflective coating on this watch. Not sure if there's ever been a Gen or Replica that came with AR on it, although I have to admit, it would really make the dial on this watch pop out!

Thanks for this input. I am considering having it sent off for AR treatment immediately (have already had my Black Themes and Jumbo AR treated and it was well worth it in my opinion) and just wondering if I should have the lume done at the same time. It would make it cheaper than having it done later.

Now not really sure if it is worth it having a re-lume if you say "just OK". Would you do it?

Edited by mbjoer

Thanks for this input. I am considering having it sent off for AR treatment immediately (have already had my Black Themes and Jumbo AR treated and it was well worth it in my opinion) and just wondering if I should have the lume done at the same time. It would make it cheaper than having it done later.

Now not really sure if it is worth it having a re-lume if you say "just OK". Would you do it?

some people are fiends for lume.. but i think it's the least necessary mod for me personally, since whenever i wear my watch there's always some sort of light source around to see the dial. If you want your watch glow like a torch, then you've answered your own question.. If you personally don't care whether or not you can see your watch in the dark.. then don't get it lumed... It's all a matter of taste :)

Agree.

The other issue is if it is well done.

I am sitting with my Black Themes on a grey day in England, and the lume looks really good. Or would do so if it was nicely done.... :(

But on the basis of what you said, I think I just might do it to the Paris. Now just need to get it first.... :)