When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

good watch repair guy in EU ?

Some__One

Hello, just want to know, :) when i buy a watch and i know that i want to keep it, i am soposed to send it in so some one can see if it is alright, but who is the best and cheapest in EU ? :rolleyes: i will send it there and then to chieftang for some AR magick :D

or is there some one in sweden who can help me ? ;)

//Krille

Domi is great, Francisco is located in spain as well. His member name is "francisco" :)

As far as AR is concerned, cheif is considered the best, although I also know a lot of people that are really happy with the results of 2geek. His turnaround is generally a LOT faster than chieftang so you'll have your crystal back sooner, and you wont have to wait so long for a run. The quality is supposedly on par with chief but not as "colorless" as chief's

Good luck!

what is the cost for sending a watch in to one of them ? :) is it mutch ccheaper then going to a store ? :)

not sure about domi. Francisco is very reasonable. Of course the prices depending on the movement type, IN general it is NOT usually recommended to service some of the cheaper asian movements, but some of the clones, and all of the 7750s are recommended to service. You should expect to pay anywhere between 50 and 100euros for a full service for a chronograph movement from francisco. If you have a non-chrono automatic movement, you should expect to pay less. The best way to get a price is to contact francisco and ask him directly how much he would charge for a specific movement service. :)

i have PM francisco and it wasent to expensive, it wold be mutch more expensie in sweden evereyting is expensive here :p my frend payd around 400$ it only ost around 10% to send it in to francisco so it is a bargen ;)

some one told me that it only says that it is a swiss ETA 2824-2 but that it is an asian copy of a swiss, on his site there is an option that for 50$ less i can get a asian ETA 2824-2 movment but it is still asian so what is the difrence ? dont want to pay that extra 50 if there isent enny difrence :)

thanks everyone for helping me out, this is going to be a nice hobby ^^ the only problem will be the money, i also love HI-FI so that is expensive to :p

//Krille

• 2 weeks later...

no one knows ? :p

no one knows what? Firstly do some research. Some movements are only available in asian versions (for the most part). For example. ANY chronograph watch you get will have an ASIAN 7750. There are barely any chrono watches that come with Swiss 7750 movements.

Most Swiss standard ETA movments are available in Asian clones.

If you want a swiss ETA movement in your watch instead of an Asian Clone ETA. You should simply ask the dealer you're thinking of buying from whether or not the watch is available with a Swiss ETA movement... Very simple :)

Well it had to be said you were very patient and quite informative / helpful on this thread so just giving props where its due. LOL forget Dubai it seems I am stuck in Central Europe for the next few weeks possibly months working on certain projects - I miss the sunshine :o

what is the cost for sending a watch in to one of them ? :) is it mutch ccheaper then going to a store ? :)

Don't go by price. The issue with mechanical watches in general is that there aren't really a lot of good watchmakers who do a good job on mechanical watches in general. Even fewer, can work on chronograph (stopwatch) movements...and even fewer who are willing to work on rep watches AND EVEN FEWER who are have experience in working with REP/Asian mechanical chrono movements.

The Zigmeister (Zigmeister), Bricciola (Domi) and Francisco are a rare breed who are true artists in what they do, experienced, and really nice people. Their prices are fair...more than fair...but more importantly, you are having your babies fixed by extremely qualified people who happen to be great supporters of this great forum. Find this kind of knowledge and community at a local store!!

Likely a store will not fix a rep watch.

Another thing to note with movements is, that a GEN ETA movement can be made in either Switzerland, China or Thailand...and still be a Gen ETA movement. These will take all the gen ETA parts, and can be fixed by ANY watchmaker (if they are willing to work on a GEN ETA movement in a rep case with rep dial).

See this Timezone article for more info.

There are also ETA Clones...likely made by Seagull that are not quite a clone...but similar to the ETA movements.(look for The Zigmeister's breakdown of this movement HERE). These may be serviced by a watchmaker familiar with GEN ETA movements, but may or may not take gen ETA parts...it depends...and you need a watchmaker familiar with asian movements to deal with their fussiness successfully.

Hopefully this helps.