When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where Can I Get A Correct Looking Panerai Crown Guard?

wan

I am looking for a correct looking crown guard for my pam111h and my pam177h............They need to look just like the genuine crown guards where the steel on both sides of the lever are the same size....instead of the top piece being thinner than the bottom.....(i hope i explained that correctly) but im pretty sure you know what i am talking about.............Thanks, wan

I've seen those installed on Davidsen's custom made watches, I doubt he would sell them separately.

His ones however come with flat top, instead of slightly curved to follow the sloping contours of the case, so not perfect, again...

Just about every PAM hystorical rep (Base & Marina) comes with the CG you've described. Although correct for contemporray PAM 44mm models, it's wrong on Base and Marina reps.

It used to bug me as well (I own the latest 111H), however I learned to live with it :-)

cheers,

babola

Take a look at the picture from Panerai official site. PAM112 seems to have flat crown guards. I can't say for sure from the pic if it's thinner above the lever. But I have seen a pic of another Panny (could be GMT or Automatic) that it's thinner above the lever. There could just be many styles of crown guards. Can't generalize. I wouldn't be concerned because just the Luminor Base has gone through so many generations.

122666-21200.jpg

Thank you all for your response..........i think you are right, im not going to let it bother me......I think the CG in the pic looks just like the rep anyway............I think only the preV watches are the only ones that all have the other CG..............Thanks, wan