When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent! Help! Help! Help!

Broker1981

Hi!

I just received a Rolex Submariner TT.

When i screw out the crown, it won't adjust time both ways, (not backwards), there is no position for adjusting date, and when i shake the watch it makes the sound i have attached.

PLEASE listen to the sound, and tell me that this isn't what a submariner should be about...

I will probably have to return the watch, and what really tears me up is that it's supposed to be a gift... :(

Thank you!

Watch.mp3

It is extremely common for the winding rotor to come off inside a watch when it ships. It is only held on by the smallest screw you can imagine. You are probably hearing the rotor rattling around in the case, and I bet the loose screw is caught in the gears, making the time setting trouble you describe.

It is extremely common for the winding rotor to come off inside a watch when it ships. It is only held on by the smallest screw you can imagine. You are probably hearing the rotor rattling around in the case, and I bet the loose screw is caught in the gears, making the time setting trouble you describe.

Any ideas on solution. I think the best thing is to return the watch. I don't have horological equipment, and i don't have the necessary skills to fix anything inside the watch myself...

You would need to open the case back, and use really sharp tweezers to pick the screw out of the movement. Then use a little screw driver to put the rotor screw back into place.

Contact your seller immediately and tell them the watch rotor is banging around inside the case, and the movement is jammed by the loose screw. See if they will partially pay for a local repair OR take the watch back for exchange.