When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronomat eVo question on leather band size

JuniorNA

Not sure if this needs to be in b-ling area in general discussion. It's not really model specific but just a generic question.

I ordered a watch from Andrew who has never let me down and has great V3 versions of the common Chronomat Evo. He has great font updates, and really great quality checks. In the email he sent me with the pictures of the watch before he sends it (he emails me all the pics to approve before he ships which is great in my opinion). The top leather band with white stitching had 22-20 (which is normal), but the longer side of the band, with deployment says 24-20?? isnt that wrong? Shouldn't the watch be the same MM on both sides? It's a rhodium dial Chronomat eVo so i dont think they are 24mm on 1 side and 22mm on the other .

Can you guys look at this pic and tell me if i'm right or wrong? it doesnt matter to me what the marking says, i just want to make sure he's not squeezing a 24mm band into a 22mm case ribs.

Does it look like the deployment side is being squeezed into a 24? could it just be a typo? What do you guys think? I'm sure he will fix it if it's truly a problem, but i'm hoping it's just a misprint and it's really a 22mm but just says 24.

Also, is there such a thing as the evo having 22mm on 1 side and 24mm on the other when using leather w/ deployment?

Thanks for any insight or help guys. I appreciate it.

And overall, is this a good rep from what you see? These are the actual pictures of the piece.

I know B-ling piece that has rhodium, but i don't know if a rhodium dial with gray or rhodium sub dials exist. Unless it's a special edition? maybe the experts can chime in on that

post-18307-002195400 1284555650.jpg

post-18307-052144900 1284555661.jpg

Edited by JuniorNA

Evo uses 22-20 strap. The lugs on both sides of the watch are 22mm wide. I don't see in your pic about the 24mm strap.

Look on the right side of the picture, you'll see in the leather it says 24-20 on the right side of the picture when we all know that the Chronomat evo's use 22mm - NOT 24.

So that's just a misprint on the REP i imagine.

Edited by JuniorNA

22-20 for the BCE's...24-22...Rep misprint.

Nice piece! Got one just like it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow, that looks amazing! It's rhodium right? just like the one I'm getting ? Rhodium dial and Rhodium sub dial. I've yet to find it in an actual catalog (rhodium with rhodium subs), or also known as just "gray dial with gray subdials"

In all the catalogs i've seen, 2008, 2009, 2010 - i've only seen Rhodium dial, with white sub dials. So I think this is a fantasy piece, but i'm fine with it because

A. not everyone knows every single combination of BCE out there, plus all the special editions

B. i don't care what anyone thinks as long as I like it, that's all that matters :)

Wow, that looks amazing! It's rhodium right? just like the one I'm getting ? Rhodium dial and Rhodium sub dial. I've yet to find it in an actual catalog (rhodium with rhodium subs), or also known as just "gray dial with gray subdials"

In all the catalogs i've seen, 2008, 2009, 2010 - i've only seen Rhodium dial, with white sub dials. So I think this is a fantasy piece, but i'm fine with it because

A. not everyone knows every single combination of BCE out there, plus all the special editions

B. i don't care what anyone thinks as long as I like it, that's all that matters :)

Yep it is Rhodium...Gen. This watch was in the 2009 ChronoLog. Main page of the Chronomat series...it is a stunning shot...well stunned me enough to buy the Gen. The subdials are infact rhodium as well, they just look whitish in some of the pics.

Beautiful watch,I wish this model came In a 45mm or bigger. @JuniorNA looks like you have your deployment now :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lol @ Max. YES, i have my deployment now and don't have to spend 500$ bucks on eBay for one. lol. I would never spend that amount of money when an AD sells them for 250-270.

Anyway, I have a V2 Skyland Avenger, and while i do like the 44mm case, and the 18mm height...sometimes it's just "heavy" and I'm excited to have a classy time peace that is not as high (BCE's are 16.5 in height i believe). and I think i'll enjoy the 43.7mm dial size for the BCE.

Some sites say 43.7, and others say 42.5 but it all depends on how and where they are measuring from. For example, Andrew states 42.5 - but when you search on Amazon for any BE (43.7) is the size i've always found them to put in their stats section.

Either way, I'll be happy with it because it can really be worn in any situation, and the rhodium dial with rhodium subs is definitely a different piece that not many people have seen

I'll post pics when i get it and i'll compare to BikeMike's Gen -

Yep it is Rhodium...Gen. This watch was in the 2009 ChronoLog. Main page of the Chronomat series...it is a stunning shot...well stunned me enough to buy the Gen. The subs are in fact rhodium as well, they just look whitish in some of the pics.

Bike Mike - Do you have more pics of your GEN? It's gorgeous and I'm very happy i went with Rhodium. I'm sick of white and blue and black and graphite faces. The rhodium colors with a leather band is going to make the watch pop amazingly. I can't wait to get it.

You said it was on the main page of the Chronomat series in 2009, I can't find it. I did see one with Rhodium dial, and white subs...it was unmistakeably white subs...without a doubt. I'll post a picture here...but do you have a link to the rhodium dial and rhodium subs online so I can look and get more info on when it was released, special edition or not, etc. I want to be knowledgeable about this piece, just in case someone is a d!ck and says "breitling never made a rhodium on rhodium dial" ....I'm sure no one will ever ask me that question, or even care, but as stated before, i always assume people care about the watch and will ask for more details, but all my work associates will say is "nice watch" and won't even know what a breitling is LOL. I wore my panerai to work a few times, a few guys thought it was a fossil watch, or thought it was a no name brand.. (it looks so plain, was mostly what people were saying)...too bad they didn't even know that IF it were a gen, i would have dropped 3-5k on luminor Marina :bangin:

Here is the only rhodium i've found.

jomashop_2120_7682019.jpg

Edited by JuniorNA