When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new UN45mm,not too happy with the dial colour

jmarin.72

Ok guys, just a couple of days ago i received a UN45mm with a white dial.The watch is excellent and the whole construction is

great for a 198$ watch with an A23j movement, but....i am very disappointed with the dial colour :wounded1: that is why i have decided to

sale the watch at RWG sales forum.

But i was kind of wondering though... :g: ...what if i decided to re-paint the colour of the dial and the perform a lume job on the markers...ok the lume job will be done by Vac but i was thinking before i send the dial over to Vac to try and re-paint the dial myself :yu: What do you think?can this be done?should i go for it?

.Although there are some other obvious flaws on the watch

i find the colour difference quite annoying because it is the most obvious flaw,it is a whole different colour :yuk:

Well to be honest i am also [censored] by the statements most dealers have on their sites that the product was "MADE WITH A GENUINE 45mm MAXI DIVER WATCH AS REF...WATCH WAS DISSECTED FOR THIS REPLICATION EXERCISE...HERE IS THE REPLICATED PRODUCT!" :yuk:

What is the reason for dissecting a watch and not making an accurate dial colour, that is beyond my understanding!!!

Anyway here are some gen pics and then some rep pics just to get an idea of the colour difference

GEN

c3ccf547.jpg

04c3f304.jpg

4bb9f5a6.jpg

REP

ae61adb3.jpg

22f47644.jpg

So what do you think?can this be done?

Thanks!!!

John

I knew that the color difference botherd you but Im sorry to hear that It bothers you this much. :black_eye: I do understand that the dial color can be a big deal. I hope some members that have experence In this area can give you some suggestions. The UN Is a great rep,I hope you can keep It,good luck :drinks: Mike

Thanks for the replies guys, like Mike said in another post if i wasn't a member in this WIS community i wouldn't even pay attention to

the colour!!!But like most of you such details are really getting into my nerves

Well there is another option of course, i have already contacted Josh and asked him to give me a price for a new black dial along with the hands so i could replace the dial to the more accurate black one.

It is a pitty though cause the overall quality of the watch is superb :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'll have to wait and see how the sale will go and then i will decide, i will give it one week and then i will withdraw it from the sales section.My opinion is that with the black dial and Vac's lume the watch will go to a whole different level :Jumpy:

Thanks for the replies guys, like Mike said in another post if i wasn't a member in this WIS community i wouldn't even pay attention to

the colour!!!But like most of you such details are really getting into my nerves

Well there is another option of course, i have already contacted Josh and asked him to give me a price for a new black dial along with the hands so i could replace the dial to the more accurate black one.

It is a pitty though cause the overall quality of the watch is superb :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'll have to wait and see how the sale will go and then i will decide, i will give it one week and then i will withdraw it from the sales section.My opinion is that with the black dial and Vac's lume the watch will go to a whole different level :Jumpy:

I was also thinking that you could send It back to Josh, all you would be out of pocket Is the return fee,just a thought :pardon: keep us posted :victory: