When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta 2824 Variations ?

Guest dave

ETA 2824-2 11 1/2 ligne, hack, etachron regulator, (same basis as 2801-2, 2804-2, 2836-2)© [adjustments: positions, average rate, max variation, isochronism]

Standard: nickel plated with Etachoc shock protection. Nickel balance, Nivarox-2 spring, Nivaflex NO. No decorations. [2, +-12, +-30, 20]

Elaboroe: Etachoc or Incabloc shock protection, nickel balance, Nivarox-2 spring, Nivaflex NO. Some decorations. $68 [3, +-7, +-20, 15]

Top: Incabloc shock protection, Glycodor balance, Anachron spring, Nivaflex NM, Red Jewels. Some decorations. $118? [5, +-4, +-15, 10]

Chronometre - Top: Incabloc shock protection, Glycodor balance, Anachron spring, Nivaflex NM, Red Jewels. Some decorations. [COSC]

http://zibet.net/movements.html

What s the type of this movement ?

How can I define it Glycodor or nickel ?

123031-21134.jpg

Edited by dave

I think what he is asking, is what model does his ETA fall into...

ETA produces 4 levels of this model of movement, 1. Standard (lowest grade), 2. Elabore (better), 3. Top and 4. Chronometre (Best grade).

The one pictured and the ones I see in most reps are "Top" grade movements. I have never seen one that is a Chronometre version, as these are quite rare...

A Chronometre would have been registered with COSC and have a serial number on the barrel bridge (according to ETA data sheets).

RG

ETA produces 4 levels of this model of movement, 1. Standard (lowest grade), 2. Elabore (better), 3. Top and 4. Chronometre (Best grade).

Ok, now I get it. :D

If it's got a brass-coloured balance and no COSC number, it means you didn't buy it at Paulmart or from Sichuan. :D

The one pictured and the ones I see in most reps are "Top" grade movements. I have never seen one that is a Chronometre version, as these are quite rare...

RG

I just want to know that , thankyou.

• 3 months later...
Um, huh?

The word is Glucydur, not Glycodor. That should help with your googlings. Nickel is silver-coloured and Glucydur is copper-coloured.

Fascinating thread I've just come across, but I'm still confused. I've heard the Nickel balances were usually "gilt" so indistinguishable in colour from Glucydur?

Also, does the balance arm shape give the metal used: hourglass shape = Glucydur, straight side = nickel? I've heard Glucydur can be either type.

Finally does the 2892-A2 in reps usually come with Glucydur balances - I have several of these movements, usually with straight-sided balance arms, whether rep or gen(eric)....

Finally does the 2892-A2 in reps usually come with Glucydur balances - I have several of these movements, usually with straight-sided balance arms, whether rep or gen(eric)....

The '2892' found in reps is almost invariably a Seagull ST-18 movement and not in fact an ETA 2892, so who knows?