When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Acrylic Crystal Numbering?

btocamelo

I know I read it somewhere around here but I cannot find the thread now........Q: when dealing with acrylic crystals w/cyclops....does the numbering designate a purpose, like the position of the cyclops? Are all 25-xxx crystals the same diameter?

The reason I'm asking is I have 2 cartel 1680's, one with the REP and one with the Clark 127 crystal...on both, the cyclops looks slightly shifted to the right....so it is not completely centered over the DW opening.....not to mention the additional issue with the DW numbers "11" to "19" being sightly shifted towards the left in the window, other numbers line up pretty well....

so, is this a crystal issue? a dial/window issue? DW issue?.....can different model number crystal/cyclops solve the problem?

Does anyone have this issue with their cartel 1680's? :bangin:

And would a getting a different 25-xxx solve this issue? :g:

25-116

25-127

25-125

Finally.....with regards to the Clark 127 and the REP crystal, I'm not seeing any optical difference...only thing is the CC has that nice bevel along the top edge....but I'm still not getting the cyclops centered on either.

IMG_7063.jpg

IMG_7062.jpg

I have noticed the magnifier centering condition that btocamelo highlights here as well but since nobody ever said anything about it I had convinced myself what I was perceiving was due to "old eyes". I would think that if it was an issue with the Clark crystal there would be much discussion due to their popularity - but that is an assumption.

The date wheel overlay issue may just be an alignment issue unless if it is aligned so that when the leftmost digits are fully visible the r/h edge starts to obscure the rightmost digit.

Just another reason to build Tudors! :whistling: