When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question for Zenith Owners

omgiv

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if the gen Zenith Daytona was able to pull the crown out twice or only once. I know there is no need to pull it out twice since there is no date function, but cannot see a difference in the setting lever spring. Does anyone know if it can or what part they changed to make it pull out only once? Thanks!!!!

Thanks Freddy! You may be right. I know that the setting levers look different. I was thinking that it was more like the setting lever spring though. I changed the setting lever spring on my ETA 2846 to make it a one pull instead of two. Usually the setting lever spring will have fewer cut outs (if that makes sense). From pictures, the Rolex and Zenith setting lever springs both look identical. Thanks again!!!!

You can insert a stop into an open slot that blocks the 3rd position. The settings for the standard Zenith EP400 are:

1st position - winding

2nd position - time setting

3rd position - date setting

I've seen some people add the stop; personally speaking on my own projects, it's something I've never done as it's just not that important to me.

I think that I may have figured out what makes the Rolex movement stop after the first pull. Freddy was partly correct. The setting lever is different on the Rolex but I believe it is the yoke for sliding pinion that makes the difference. After looking at both movements, the Rolex yoke has a higher stopping point that restricts the setting lever from going any further. Now the question is whether you need both or just the yoke to make the change. Anyway, just thought I would share. Thanks for the help!!!!!!

Zenith

1.jpg

Rolex

2.jpg