When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i have purchase broken movment =D

Some__One

hello just wanted to know your opinion, i hav purchase 26 broken movment for 28$ all are still intact with all parts and with dail and hands, what do you think ? whas it a good buy or a stupid one? :p (i want to lern how to repair movment so i think that it might be a good starting point? :)

here is some picks on some of 9 of them :)

//Krille

post-30273-084588400 1285060061.jpg

post-30273-001461100 1285060076.jpg

Interesting...the movements should be very similar in construction to a standard ETA 6497...so you could use that as a base, but the position of some of the gears might be slightly different.

An interesting project...please post your experiences...how you're approaching and learning...so others can benefit from your pedagogical approach.

It's a very cool idea!!

If they're smaller watches, the challenge might be the movements are smaller and harder to work with...something to keep in mind.

Excellent way to start learning. $28 is a very small investment for some movements to learn on. This way when you mess one up (inevitable that it will happen) you don't need to worry about it. Besides you will spend way more than that on the tools and materials needed to service properly.

Not sure what you have in terms of tools already but Watchbitz on here has a great value starter kit for the budding enthusiast. As for training materials TZ is a good start too.

Just remember you are doing it to have fun so relax and enjoy.

yes i will post my experiences, i think that they might be here tomorow or the next day :D as for tools i only have a cheap ool st from dealextream ;) sooo i dont think that i have the god stuf :p i need to get better things i think, is this one good ? http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=259 or shold i stay with the TZ tool kit?

i just hope that i can make some of them work again :) hehe if i get them to work, is there some one out there who wana buy one ? :D:p

i wold like a nice macro objektiv for my camera, but cant aford it :( i will send you some petter pics when i get the movments :)

yes i will post my experiences, i think that they might be here tomorow or the next day :D as for tools i only have a cheap ool st from dealextream ;) sooo i dont think that i have the god stuf :p i need to get better things i think, is this one good ? http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=259 or shold i stay with the TZ tool kit?

i just hope that i can make some of them work again :) hehe if i get them to work, is there some one out there who wana buy one ? :D:p

i wold like a nice macro objektiv for my camera, but cant aford it :( i will send you some petter pics when i get the movments :)

If It were me I would go with the Watchbitz tool set :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice! Also get yourself some good books on watchmaking...you will learn a lot. :drinks: I am actually learning and in the process of turning down my first balance staff. This is the true art of watch making. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Most of all, enjoy! It is a great feeling taking some thing that is not working and fixing it...just take your time. :drinks:

i got them :D they are realy tiny :p some as smal as my thumb nail :p at least 17 of them are swiss made and 2 of them ws certina movments :p 7 of them was actualy working :) one of them is a movment 1010, dont know if that is ennything to be happy about but it said so :p

all i need now is some beter tools and a book and i will fix them riht up ;)