When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

B&R 01-92 strap - opinions please

PeteM

Guys,

I would appreciate your thoughts on this strap combo for my B&R 01-92.

Most of my white dials have bracelets and the others I usually stick with the standard black leather, white stitching (you know the safe option). But I had this strap made for me by Dangerous9 (John). I have to say Johns work is awesome the quality is second to none and his attention to detail and the service he provides has been simply impeccable. He really takes his time to find out what you want how you want it and then before any decisions are made he puts together slideshows with options and swatches etc. Apart from being a great strap maker, he is a thoroughly nice bloke. He has also done a great strap for PAM300 which is currently away being lumed and ARd.

Anyway what do you guys think of this strap combo, as I said I am not sure......

Thanks guys.

D, I had the watch all packed up ready to send and then I saw your second post mate, so I guess you changed your mind. No probs I have put it back in thewatch case ;)

I can see the thread has had a few views but no comments or thoughts on the combo, I would appreciate the feedback guys please

I would have used a darker red. Camel straps are not my taste, and I have never cared for the electric blue stitch on any watch. Dark red and a black stitch with perhaps some of D9's "stoneground" texturing.

I only say something negative because you are asking for honest opinions, not a hugfest.

here is a hug in case you are sad now. :group:

No need to hug mate but appreciate the offer, you would need to buy me a drink first!! and the candour. Thats exactly what I was after.

What do you mean by 'stoneground'?

Not sure on the idea of the red myself unless the watch has it....

I like that strap, goes well with the white face. Here is the strap I put on my white face B&R

Made by a guy in Canada from ostrich leg...a bit different..:)

br7.jpg

Dangerous9 has a texture that he creates by hand which he calls "stoneground" .. that's what I was referring to.

This white dial on SS body would also look great on black with white stitches.

And yeah that Ostrich leather strap is the type of dark red I was thinking of .. not so much a pure red but a brown.black.red mix.