When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention Norwegians

asciwhite

I ordered a Planet Ocean SS Orange in may, got it out of customs last week(!!) The watch passed customs in Oslo (Norways capitol where the main postal hub is), and was ready for pickup at my local post office. But before I got there the local customs office had been on an inspection, found my "toy doll, value 1 usd", scanned it with x-rays and found the watch inside. They confiscated the package and left a note for me. I got the note when I tried to pick up the package, and called the number on the note. The fellow at the other end was a grumpy one. I didn't know what the contents of the package was, it could be the watch, something from DealExtreme or other items I had ordered so I was a bit confused at the start of the conversation. He probably thought I was trying to play the old I'm-innocent-routine. When he finally explained what was in the package I said: "Oh, it's arrived, great!". He then asked if I admitted to importing a fake Omega watch and I again confirmed happily.

Then thing is, IPR-goods (Goods that break Intellectual Property Rights) or "fake goods" aren't illegal in Norway unless you order in bulk and sell it off. For private use it is completely legal. The idiot at the other end said that was "my claim" and sounded ready to arrest me, the fool. He said it was sent over to the legal department so he couldn't do anything anyway so we ended the call. I got a letter a few days later explaining that the watch was seized, then taken to an Omega AD for inspection. The AD confirmed that the watch was indeed a fake. Why they did it was probably due to Mr. angry customs officer. Luckily the legal department still had some braincells intact and was able to read their own regulations and conclude that the product wasn't illegal to import into Norway.

The next problem was that the watch wasn't properly marked. The contents description was wrong and the value was WAY wrong. They asked for the invoice so that they could calculate VAT (25% of the value including freight). If they concluded that I had specifically asked the seller to hide the true contents and value they could charge me with a 100% added tax as a fine. I sent them all email correspondence with the seller and they agreed that I wasn't guilty of trying to smuggle the watch into the country. After paying the VAT of about 100 usd I got the watch back. I took months though...

Anyways: Norwegians: For personal use, fake watches are NOT illegal in Norway but you do have to pay VAT.

I ordered a Planet Ocean SS Orange in may, got it out of customs last week(!!) The watch passed customs in Oslo (Norways capitol where the main postal hub is), and was ready for pickup at my local post office. But before I got there the local customs office had been on an inspection, found my "toy doll, value 1 usd", scanned it with x-rays and found the watch inside. They confiscated the package and left a note for me. I got the note when I tried to pick up the package, and called the number on the note. The fellow at the other end was a grumpy one. I didn't know what the contents of the package was, it could be the watch, something from DealExtreme or other items I had ordered so I was a bit confused at the start of the conversation. He probably thought I was trying to play the old I'm-innocent-routine. When he finally explained what was in the package I said: "Oh, it's arrived, great!". He then asked if I admitted to importing a fake Omega watch and I again confirmed happily.

Then thing is, IPR-goods (Goods that break Intellectual Property Rights) or "fake goods" aren't illegal in Norway unless you order in bulk and sell it off. For private use it is completely legal. The idiot at the other end said that was "my claim" and sounded ready to arrest me, the fool. He said it was sent over to the legal department so he couldn't do anything anyway so we ended the call. I got a letter a few days later explaining that the watch was seized, then taken to an Omega AD for inspection. The AD confirmed that the watch was indeed a fake. Why they did it was probably due to Mr. angry customs officer. Luckily the legal department still had some braincells intact and was able to read their own regulations and conclude that the product wasn't illegal to import into Norway.

The next problem was that the watch wasn't properly marked. The contents description was wrong and the value was WAY wrong. They asked for the invoice so that they could calculate VAT (25% of the value including freight). If they concluded that I had specifically asked the seller to hide the true contents and value they could charge me with a 100% added tax as a fine. I sent them all email correspondence with the seller and they agreed that I wasn't guilty of trying to smuggle the watch into the country. After paying the VAT of about 100 usd I got the watch back. I took months though...

Anyways: Norwegians: For personal use, fake watches are NOT illegal in Norway but you do have to pay VAT.

Their is no VAT its satan tax here.

But customs and watches is not a problem, but if you order anything else then be aware customs in Norway is in the top 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Why yes I did. And I am very satisfied with it :D I had to pay like $38 to get it trough customs.. But thats nothing. My forged receipt for watch repair services helped *ha*

So all in all it went well *phew*

Why yes I did. And I am very satisfied with it :D I had to pay like $38 to get it trough customs.. But thats nothing. My forged receipt for watch repair services helped *ha*

So all in all it went well *phew*

Congratulations on breaking several laws and even becoming a counterfeiter to get your watch into Norway ;)