When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dial + datewheel issue on EX II

Whatever123

OK guys, here's my problem:

I bought a Rollie EXII Steve McQueen with a bad dial. Opened a WTB thread for a new dial, found one. The dial feet fit perfectly on my movement (which looks like an ETA, not sure if it's clone-ETA).

BUT, the datewindow is a bit too large for the datewheel (which seems to be a standard ETA datewheel). I tried an overlay from a GMT IIc rep - fits perfectly into the date window but I can't use it, because it interferes with the gear-wheel I marked with the red arrow...

Sooo... what can I do? Can I do anything at all? I suppose other date wheels or overlays won't work because of the gear in the way. So do I need a new dial?

Thanks,

Whatever

P1000727.jpg

Yep, it worked! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I removed the day gear, glued on the overlay from a GMT IIc, dial + hands set (two times, now the date changes at 2 minutes before midnight - good enough for me ;-).

But now I've got another problem... the movement + dial combo doesn't fit the case... LOL. That was really a strange EX II I bought there. Now I'd need some kind of distance holder ring so that the dial doesn't connect with the crystal... I think I'm giving up and will sell the parts... :black_eye:

Cheers,

Whatever