When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

better crown solution for a...

Defender110

hello

I am looking for a better crown solution for my 192 old skool EL / Honpo case real Titanium 192 w/ lemania handwind copy mvnt

I know this is inaccurate from gen in many ways but for me i just love it! i wear it more than any gen i have!

I really would like to add lume and AR but when i do i would like to upgrade to either a brushed or ti THICKER crown..

any experts to give advice would be greatly appreciated.. either for AR crystal(other than waiting for next Chief AR run) and the crown.. oh and maybe some hands :-)

post-1967-086157700 1285945806.jpg

thanks wOlf. i will contact T... anyone know the stem size and if its >1mm? direction to a gen crown source also

You'll be OK with either 0.9 or 1.2mm stems, the mov't inside that rep is A7750 and it will accept both.

Just make sure the stem type you source is for 7750/7753 mov't.

Sourcing a gen crown is a different story altogether. If I were you I'd follow Drule's suggestion above and get one of the T-48SL ones that accept 0.9mm stem. These should be readily available now.

Have fun!

You'll be OK with either 0.9 or 1.2mm stems, the mov't inside that rep is A7750 and it will accept both.

Just make sure the stem type you source is for 7750/7753 mov't.

Sourcing a gen crown is a different story altogether. If I were you I'd follow Drule's suggestion above and get one of the T-48SL ones that accept 0.9mm stem. These should be readily available now.

Have fun!

My 192 has a Seagull ST-19 manual wind chronograph movement, didn't know they made them with the A7750 ...

@Babola/Drulee/wOlf

because you guys are so knowledgeable.. will T's new SL crown fit with the factory rep CG or will the non SL(spring loaded) crowns work better?

do all GENUINE Panerai have Spring Loaded Crowns?

also will i need to order with the crown:

-extra stem or special stem

-extra stem adapter for ETA 28xx 0.9mm stem or

-extra tube

thanks guys!

D110

Gens are spring loaded.

If you've never replaced a crown, you should probably think about sending it out to one of the watchsmiths (Vac, Zig, Goin, 1660..)

If you're not worried about screwing something up, then I'd order a couple of ST19 stems from AlphaUSA (or another source if you know of one), and a SL crown from Tourby. You may want to wait for Tourby's new deeper dish SL crowns, then order both and sell the one you end up not using,

There will probably be a lot of trial and error (file and fit) that you will have to do before getting the right fit.