When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what do you guys think of this 3717?

edgematic1

The gold will eventually wear off. If he really wants that model, just make sure he understands gold plate by nature has a limited lifespan. Show him the stainless models and try to steer him in that direction, that way he will have a piece that will last as long as he takes care of it.

Its the same thing as the stainless (rereading your post, im not sure I get your last question) version, so you would just shop for a SS 3717. I'd recommend going with bracelet and buying the leather strap aftermarket. The rep IWC SS bracelet is excellent, the leather straps are poor.

Yah, my dad is the same way. If he had it his way he'd be wearing a TT blue sub. I got him a SS Noobmariner. He calls it a Cholex, but secretly we know he loves it. Little does he know how lucky he is to have one of the last noobfactory non engraved rehaut subs. I'm hawking the thing now.. :lol:

A mate of mine has this one and it is a stunner to look at!

he has it 3 years now and his wife wears it a lot as well, not problems reported with the plating yet, but with any thing plated gen or rep it will eventualy wear