When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

wm9 Yachtmaster bezel insert color, sharing thoughts

jmarin.72

I was just wondering, has anyone ever compared the WM9 YM insert next to a gen one? I find the color of the WM9 insert to be a little dull and plastic.For the past 15-20 days i have been studing a lot of pics and videos of gens and in the vast majority depending on the angle the pic or video was taken the color seems to have a lot of variations, from dark grey up to frozen silver (i am not talking about the numbers on the insert of course) and i was kinda wondering if someone has ever compare the rep next to the gen.

I have found a gen bezel/insert set on the net so i was thinking of getting it and have the entire WM9 bezel/insert replaced.

What is your opinion guys?

IMO you should change the 40watt bulb to a 60watt, that would brighten the sucker up.

On a serious note, i own one and the insert color never bothered me. It also is not realistic to compare color with pics on the internet. Want to be sure check out the color on the genuine by going to the AD.

IMO you should change the 40watt bulb to a 60watt, that would brighten the sucker up.

:g::frusty: Damn, now why didn't i think of that!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Slick!!!

Seriously now, yes you are right, it is not realistic comparing pics taken from various angles and with various lighiting conditions just like it is not realistic to be expecting an ss insert to be able to match a plati one in every aspect :wacko:

Just sharing some observations, hence the YM owners chime in call, i would love to listen to your observations as well :gathering: