When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need to Source a Good PAM308 PVD

Just saw a crappy movie, the indestructibles. But found a watch that I want to have.... A pam chrono in PVD, the one with the light blue seconds hand and the chronos.

any body know a good source for this...I cant find it on josh or andrews sight....

Here's a watch I created 18 months ago...my own PVD coating, and my own design for the dial and hands, note the lume...I called it the "Stealth"... you can see the original post here:Stealth 212

It was a hit at the time, you must have missed or forgotten about it.

FYI I have a complete 212 case in my spares, fully PVD coated, brand new, never used, just waiting to be assembled, I just haven't had the time to put it together.

212.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Very nice The Zigmeister, I love the blue lume I had you put on my 192, really makes it unique among my PAM reps :)

As far as the OP, if you really want a PVD 308, just get a regular 308 and either contact The Zigmeister or Avitt to get it properly coated. I believe The Zigmeister uses a PVD service, while Avitt does DLC - but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Very nice The Zigmeister, I love the blue lume I had you put on my 192, really makes it unique among my PAM reps :)

As far as the OP, if you really want a PVD 308, just get a regular 308 and either contact The Zigmeister or Avitt to get it properly coated. I believe The Zigmeister uses a PVD service, while Avitt does DLC - but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

I'm pretty sure you're correct on the coating D! The Zigmeister's PVD coating is the same as Gen...so the best option IMO. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm pretty sure you're correct on the coating D! The Zigmeister's PVD coating is the same as Gen...so the best option IMO. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I believe there was a comparison thread here somewhere, on PVD/DLC finishes.

From what I recall Zig PVD is sent to the same factory that also is contracted by Panerai. However, to assume that because it is the same factory, that it will be the same PVD coating formulation is another matter. Of course Zig would be able to shed more accurate light on the subject, but I don't see the factory allowing a non-Panerai run to use the same formulation that it uses for official Panerai PVD coating. Panerai would be a high-profile client whose work would not be shared with piecemeal orders by less established clients. I'm fairly sure this was backed up by that PVD comparison thread I mentioned, as the author mentioned that Zig's PVD was a different tone or shade, not sure though...

Wow, Zig....That is one freaking amazing watch....Panerai: Definately make that a GEN and I'd sell off my collection to buy it...

Any word on who owns that beauty now.... ;-) I freaking am in love!

Edited by jcmiro